TTORA Forum banner

Stock vs Long travel street driving.

9K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Land Pirates Off Road 
#1 ·
Willl a long travel Tacoma handle better then a stock tacoma in everyday street driving? In what ways would it improve over stock?

Already know the answerings for offroad, just wondering about onroad driving.

#2 ·
it all depends on how U drive and how you set-up your long travel. do you like a firm ride? a squishy ride? thats all opinions and everyones is different.

#4 ·
Say your basic T/c kit with icon's up front vs stock front end daily driving?
thats what im saying. everyones opinion is goin to be different because not everyone like a firm ride like i do. id say most will agree that any decent aftermarket coilover'd suspension is goin to ride better than stock be it stock travel, mid travel, or long travel. unless u bomb over train tracks on a daily basis and catch air ur not goin to be using the extra travel on the street anyways

#7 ·
Long travel helps for bumpy roads or big dips, speed bumps, but for purely urban driving it isn't a large improvement. You're going to be running adjustable coil overs so you will gain tunability with your ride, but this can be achieved with a bolt on coilover. The main drawback to street driving with long travel is the turning radius. It really is horrible with long travel.

#9 ·
A mid travel perspective: I have Camburg UCA's, SAW 2.5 coilovers with 600lb 14" springs and no sway bar. Its too soft IMO for street, lots of roll (obviously) and bumpstops get a workout on pot holes, dips, and sinkholes (which SD roads are full of)

Just my :2cents: for consideration

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.