TTORA Forum banner

Clutch size?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  prerunner at heart 
#1 ·
Ok so I just bought a marlin clutch kit and a napa flywheel. I was test fitting it and it seems the clutch disk measures 9 7/8" and flywheel has a slightly raised lip that is 9 1/2". Is this normal? I would think the flywheel would groove the clutch disk and cause problems. I had the napa guy double check that its the right one. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
The flywheels are a stepped type, with the outer step where the pressure plate mounts lower then the inner step that the clutch disc contacts. I don't have a 4cyl flywheel handy to compare, but the V6 flywheel i just measured is 9 7/8" diameter on the inner step.

#4 ·
The 4cyl and V6 clutch discs are both 9 7/8". IIRC, Marlin actually supplies a V6 pressure plate with the 4cyl clutch kit.

This is what your flywheel should look like on the 2.7L 4cyl.
http://www.standardflywheels.com/old/std136.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a 4cyl flywheel here to measure the diameter of the inner step. But if it is 9 1/2", they might have given you a 2.4L flywheel which uses a 9 5/16" clutch disc.

#5 ·
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'm pretty sure napa said this flywheel was for both 2.4 and 2.7 and that's why I had him double check cause that didnt sound right. I'll let everyone know what I find out tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.