TTORA Forum banner

are there any good code reader for toyota?

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  trifenix 
#1 ·
recently,i want to fix my old toyota rav4.it bought in2005.the engine got some problems.
i want to use some tool that can read the fault code from the car. dose someone use it?
how about the autocom cdp? any other code reader to recommend?Any information will be gratefully received.Thanks.

#3 ·
Scan guage II its around 140 dollars it will do more than you think it will.....def worth the money everybody here runs one

#6 ·
I had an Actron and liked it. It got wet and broke though. I'm looking at the scanguage 2 or Ultraguage. I wanna see the parameters as I drive w/o having to hold it or squint to read it.

#7 ·
bought a USB OBDII adapter with software for about $75. The thing is awesome. real time monitoring, graphical parameter views, virtual gages, reads codes, even does mock emissions testing. pretty slick package. just google it.

#12 ·
X2
Torque is a great app. Shows all kinds of sensor data like intake temp, real coolant temp, voltage, open/closed loop, MPG, fuel flow rate, horsepower....Oh, and it can scan and erase codes too :)

I had to try out two bluetooth adaptors though, the first was a POS, and the ebay seller in china stiffed me on the return :mad:. The second one although made in china (what isn't?), I bought from a USA seller off Amazon, and it’s been working great. And shipping did not take 3 weeks either....

Apparently a very large percentage of these adaptors are bad out of the bag.

For what it's worth, the blue and yellow one was bad and the all blue one worked.

#9 ·
I have a similar set up for my iPhone. It's called BlueDriver made by a company named Lemur. Works great for my runner. Gives me way more information than I know what to do with. Shows you all CEL codes including pending codes. The app is free and gives you all the basic data and the hardware you can pick up for about $35.

#10 ·
I bought an ELM 327 and run Torque on my droid, cost 11 bucks for the read and the app is free.

#11 ·
I was just going to post about this! It's called "My Mechanic" by Garmin- it works with the GPS OR a Droid phone.

I have a new GPs (smashed the old screen oops). Shows diagnostic codes (I haven't had any yet, so I don't know how useful).

But in fantastic geeky fashion, there is a full set of alternate gauges like intake air temp, throttle position, timing advance, mass air flow oz/s, and others that can show up live on the screen while you drive. COOL!

Bernie

Now 2006 Quad Cab 4.0L 6 Speed TRD 4x4

Used to have:
04 Ext Cab TRD 3.4L 5 Speed 4x4
94 2 Seat PU 2.4L 5 Speed 2WD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.