TTORA Forum banner

Brakes Sticking?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kigmob 
#1 ·
Searched but couldn't really find any similar posts to help me. Anyways, lately my tacoma's brake pedal has been acting funny. Every now and then when I go to push the brake pedal it goes about half way then feels like its stuck. Once it feels stuck I have to push a bit harder then it feels like it breaks through whatever is holding it back and it the truck begins to fully brake. This does not always happen but once it starts it usually continues while I'm driving but the next days its normal. Also, it seems like it is initiated after one time of good time of hard braking. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

#4 ·
So everything seemed ok until the other day when I REALLY had to hammer on my brakes. After this, the brake pedal would only go down about an inch and then would get hard as a rock. My truck still stops but you can tell the brakes are barely getting grabbed and it takes much longer/more force to stop. I'm about 100% sure now that it's the brake booster. Any input guys?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.