TTORA Forum banner

too much lift?

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  fj_fowdie 
#1 ·
I have changed my plans for my truck, i currently run Chevy 63's on a 3 block in the rear and All-Pro 5'' springs in the front, i would like to lower it. I'm thinking about taking a out the block in the back but how do I lower the front without buying new springs?

Any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
What he said.

You likely won't be able to shorten the shakle much if any.

Pulling leafs may or may not work depending on their rate ect...... but to play around with this is free.

I would play with pulling springs. If you cannt get it right buy a new pack.

Blocks suck

#6 ·
I still haven't done anything suspension wise to the truck and its been a year. I'm thinking about pulling the All-Pros out of the front so my dad can use them for his 4Runner project. Which springs would be best to replace them that can make my ride height lower than it is now? Or equivalent to the Chevy 63's in the back that have some of the springs pulled?

#7 ·
All pro's lowest front lift springs advertise 4" which is only 1" less then your 5" packs were when new and trail gear sells 3" inch lift springs but I've heard they run much taller than they claim. Your best bet to get lower if you don't want to bother with pulling leafs from your all pro packs is to build a ruf pack. Here(http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/265669-rear-up-front-faq.html) is a link if you don't know what ruf stands for.

#9 ·
Yes but it would be pretty low. If you can find late 80's 4runner v6 packs they have an extra leaf. When i did ruf's i had the top 3 leafs stock and the bottom 2 were stock front bottom springs (85). Its hard to explain but the springs are very short on the hard mount side but with the shackle pushing the spring down in the back it works great. Yeild very little lift (about 2"), but has a nice soft ride. I also used stock 90's 4runner bumps<-- highly recomended on the budget. Hope this helps:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.