TTORA Forum banner

Quick questions on "blinker mod."

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  1990dlx 
#1 ·
I recently bought an aftermarket bumper. There are no blinker cutouts. It does have a couple cutouts for round fog/spotlights though. I read up on the blinker mod. Couple dumb questions...

1. If I drill and move the blinker lights to the running lights housing, will you be able to actually see them flashing if the running lights are on? Seems like the running light would wash out the blinker.

2. What about just putting the blinker bulb into the running light housing, then putting the running bulb into some aftermarket lights in the bumper? Then if I just wanted my running lights on, they would just look like fog lights. Not sure if the running light harness is long enough to make it to the cutouts in the new bumper.

Thanks for any input.

#2 ·
Mine are in the running light housing and you can see them flash just fine. IMO it is much cleaner to keep it all in the factory housing if you can.

You might find actual fog lights more useful than using those slots as running lights also.:2cents:

#6 ·
thanks for the feedback. Is it a pain in the ass to pull the marker assembly out, so i can cut the new hole? Looks like it presses into some clips along with one screw. I didn't know if there was a trick to pulling it out, without breaking the clips off.

Thanks.

#7 ·
Remove the screw, and grab at the back upper corner of the lamp, and pull.

You'll have to start there so the tab for the screw clears the headlight.

When reinstalling, start with teh bottom first and firmly press into place...

Also note, if you don't use an 1156/57 bulb (or the stock bulb) and you use a wedge bulb, you'll either need to add a resistor, install an electronic flasher, or open the stock flasher and cut a trace on the circuit board, otherwise the blickers will flash rapidly.

I'm running a wedge bulb on mine, and they're plenty bright enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.