TTORA Forum banner

Greasable vs. non for shackles?

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  1990dlx 
#1 ·
I plan on adding a 1" or so shackle to my rear leafs. The choices are greasable or non. Is the greasable something that is warranted? I know it is only a $30 difference, but didn't know if it was even worth that.

Is the grease to just keep it from squeeking?

thanks.

#3 ·
Ok, I am currently running factory bushings, but they are shot. A buddy gave me some Energy bushings that he never used. I currently have an AAL, and it rides nice, but the springs have seen better days. Don't have money for a new leaf pack, so i figured adding an inch would be a temp fix.

#6 ·
Alright heres another question is there a greasable shackle set that is stock length, because I am going to run the allpro springs here soon and they only offer greaseable shackles with a 1.5 in lift I dont want to run 4.5 in, in the rear

#13 ·
What about just getting new rubber bushing from toyota, and skipping the greasable? I have heard poly bushings squeek unless you are constantly lubing them up. Too lazy to deal with that shit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.