TTORA Forum banner

Transitioning from 3in body lift to a 1 in

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tacoma Jake 
#1 ·
As the title says I am tired of the body lift that came on the truck, I have read through several forums about completely removing the lift back to stock but my question is would there be any thing as far as steering spacers and things of that nature that would go on with the 1 inch or does the steering stay the same as the stock position on a 1 in. I hate the huge gap in between the bed and fram rails and also hate how the bed shakes more than it should when I go over an bumps while driving

#2 ·
Yes, there are a few things you dont need to do with a 1" bodylift. Take a look at 4Crawlers Instructions as well as Performance Accessories Instructions to get an idea of what needs to be done with different size lifts. Your bed shouldnt really be shaking any more with a bodylift, and that gap can be covered with gap gaurds...

#3 ·
Hmm you dont think with the extra height and no weight in the bed would make it shake more not being a smartass ha thats a legit question. What would be some things to look for that would cause it all the bolts are tight i wonder if it was installed incorrectly one of the pucks looks like it was melted or cut or something before installing.

#5 · (Edited)
I guess if you think of the frame as a fulcrum, then yes the bed does move more, but only because its taller, so it travels a greater distance (side to side for example) at its peak.

If you think of the frame and bed as one entity, the bed wont "shake" any more or less with a bodylift.

There are a lot of things that can cause a bed to shake. If the bed bolts were loose that would certainly cause it to shake, although you would probably be getting some noise with that. An unbalanced tire, wheel, driveshaft, bad axle, or suspension, etc...

A little bed shaking independently from the cab is normal. The frames are made to flex and move slightly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.