TTORA Forum banner

No power

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Dunk 
#1 ·
so today I put a new battery in my truck but I somehow made a rookie mistake when I put the positive connector on the ground and vise versa becouse for some reason the pos/neg terminals on the battery are opposite then every battery ive ever touched. As soon as both connectors had contact with the battery it arced out and my truck has no power anywhere. I checked all the fuses and there all good. does anybody have a clue what i could have F****D up this time? I dont know where to start as ive never done well with electrical shit.

#3 ·
I cant imagine that the fuse on the main into the fuse block didnt blow. I would replace those bigger fuses first. Also check to make sure you didnt melt the ground wire. Start closest to the battery and then move out from there when trouble shooting.

**No more beers while wrenching man** lol

#4 ·
It was the main on the fuse block. It did not look blown but i did a little test on it on sure as shit it was blown. Thanks for posting man. I wish i could blame the beer for this one but it was just lack of paying attention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.