TTORA Forum banner

1995 T100 transfercase

11K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BigMike 
#1 ·
I guess this would be the best place to post this, but I have a 1995 T100 Sr5, with the 3.4l and R150F (I'm pretty sure). I am curious as to if I can double this transfercase with one of the kits from Marlin or similiar. I've not seen a direct application for a T100 and I don't know if mine is top-shift or front-shift? I don't really know the difference. I could probably source out a NP203 and 205 but then I'd have to worry about finding an adapter and wondering if the gears match up and everything, I would be better off just buying an Atlas or something. Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

#3 ·
That's what I was hoping, I know they're really similar. I guess when I get ready to do this I could just call Marlin or somebody just to make sure.

#4 ·
Hello jsherrill,

Our TacoBox, invented in 2000 and designed for 1995-2004 Tacoma's, is also compatible with 1996-2004 4Runner's and 2000+ 3.4- & 4.7-liter Tundra's. This is possible thanks to the sharing of transfer case bolt patterns across applications.

Our TacoBox (now built with our brand new T-360 adapter) looks like this:
More info: http://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/line-ups/tacobox

However, the T100 is an oddity because it was built and shipped over from Japan so it shares the same right-hand front driveline as the Hilux Pickups and 4Runners had, even on 1995-97 models that had the 3.4-liter 6-cylinder. Therefore, you'll need to use a Marlin Crawler designed for 1988-95 6-cylinder applications since this is the transfer case bolt pattern that Toyota retained when they designed the T100.

We call this adapter our "MC10" (also uses our new T-360 design) and the assembled Dual Case Unit looks like this:
More info: http://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/line-ups/pickup-4runner-kits-v6

So be careful to not purchase a Tacoma Dual Case; You must use an adapter kit designed to fit a 1988-1995 3.0-liter 3VZ-E 6-cylinder -- or a T100 :D

This also means that as the T100 is a right-hand front drive line, you may replace your stock chain drive transfer case with the Hilux gear drive t/case and take advantage of all the upgrades such as our original Japanese-made Total-Spline 4.70:1 gear sets, Chromoly 30-spline Front & Rear outputs, front & rear EcoSeals, short throws, twin sticks, heavy duty flanges, and stronger shift springs.

I know I can't be objective since I represent Marlin Crawler, but if I could, personally I highly recommend you consider a Marlin Crawler because you have a full size truck with a 6-cylinder engine and Marlin Crawler has exclusive features that make it the strongest and most reliable dual case solution in the world. Exclusive industry-leading features include Total-Spline Input Technology, Chromoly Coupler with Thrust Washer Lock System, Double Roll Maximum Capacity Coupler Bearing, Oversized Lower Cage Bearing, and our EcoSeal sealing technology. Check out these two videos on the importance of a double roller bearing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZShaRavFEg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esUqoQ_ChTA

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have! Thanks!

-BigMike

#5 ·
So be careful to not purchase a Tacoma Dual Case; You must use an adapter kit designed to fit a 1988-1995 3.0-liter 3VZ-E 6-cylinder -- or a T100 :D

This also means that as the T100 is a right-hand front drive line, you may replace your stock chain drive transfer case with the Hilux gear drive t/case and take advantage of all the upgrades such as our original Japanese-made Total-Spline 4.70:1 gear sets, Chromoly 30-spline Front & Rear outputs, front & rear EcoSeals, short throws, twin sticks, heavy duty flanges, and stronger shift springs.
Now that is an answer :D even if it is a little biased...just kidding, Marlin was actually who I was leaning towards as long as they had something for my application. I knew my passenger side drop was different from most of the trucks on here but I thought it might've been a yearly oddity or something, not as big as using the Hilux t-case and all. You have been extremely helpful, thanks a lot.

#6 ·
I swapped in a transfer case from a 93 4Runner V6 3.slow 5 speed..

Direct bolt in, only mod was to cut a hole in the floor for the top shift transfer case.

Still need $$$$ for crawlbox :rolleyes:

#7 ·
I wish I had known that those gear-driven tcases were that much better, I know where a few wrecked trucks are. I've always thought that just about everything from the dirty 3.0 down wouldn't be as good as my 3.4 stuff. This is awesome to know though. But yeah about the doubler, anything over $100 at a time is hard to convince the wife that I need it :eek:. It may take a few days to save that up.

#8 ·
anything over $100 at a time is hard to convince the wife that I need it :eek:.
Use PayPal so that she won't know where the funds are going :D ha ha nah, I have the same responsibility so I understand where you're coming from :)

You have been extremely helpful, thanks a lot.
No problem at all! The older gear drive t/cases are easy to upgrade and as such we've developed a ton of parts for it. We do make heavy duty flanges and twin stick shift kits for chain drive t/cases, but not much in terms of internal mods.... yet.

Regards,
BigMike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.