TTORA Forum banner

Rebuild my SAW vs buying something else?

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  hossmaster 
#1 ·
The stock rear leafs has seen better days and with 45000 miles/5 years on the road on my SAW 2.0 it could use a rebuild even though they look new. My question is I was going to replace my leafs with Wheelers 5 pack but wasn't sure if I should keep my SAW and just have them rebuilt or try a set of OME 881's with Nitro Sports? I read many good things about the OME coils and shocks and was wondering if anyone (who's had both) think the 881's or the coilovers would ride better on road as daily driver? I know rebuilding is cheaper but it's not about the money it's about the ride on road as a daily driver. Thanks.

#3 ·
Tell me something I don't know. I was wondering how the ride is between the two not whether they are rebuildable and adjustable or not cause I already knew that.

#4 ·
I would think those two factors are a major difference. If you want to dick with shims to get your driver's side lean corrected, then by all means go with OME.

I have read in the past that the ride between the SAW and OME is not even comparable when you are running at high speed...

#5 ·
So which rides better at high speed? And most people don't even run the shim cause they run 5100's vs Nitro and only the Nitro can use the shim and never complain about the driveside lean again this isn't about the driverside lean it's about the ride between the two on road.

#6 ·
any adjustable CO will out shine a fixed CO any day, any surface

In having the 2.0 SAW's rebuilt...
You have a wide spectrum of ride adjustment with the 2.0's
this means you can fine tune the suspension to the ride quality/height you desire.

Not so with fixed CO's (non adjust/rebld)
ride height/quality is predetermined by someone else
You get that.

I'd invest my money on rebuilding the 2.0's :2cents:

#7 ·
I have the older SAW that I bought new in Nov 07 with red coils...is it worth rebuilding since those coils are prone to snapping?

#8 ·
You should just rebuild the saws and have them put a lighter rate spring on like a 550 instead of the 650 if you are worried about ride quality. I was told they could switch out tyhe coils like that but im not positive

#9 ·
i just got my saws back. if you got the $ purchase something else. the fools at saw had them for 2 months and still did not do 2 of the 3 things that i asked them too. they never gave me a quote for the work and never responded to any emails i sent. the only thing they are good at is pointing the finger. go with adjustible coilovers.

#10 ·
You sent it to SAW? I would have sent it to Camburg or even Downsouth Motorsports unless yours was under warranty. Cause they reply really quick as for SAW...I emailed them about a quote and they never replied.

#13 ·
I currently have 2.0s, but the original version. I am currently pricing parts for a complete overhaul, including springs. I will do it myself though.

Still going to be a lot cheaper than new coil units.

#14 ·
Impulse Red with blue Kings??? Hmm. Tell me it can work. And that no one cares about the color of the coilovers. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.