: Pics of my stuck Taco!

Jay04Taco
01-01-2005, 08:44 PM
In az out behind lake pleasant on table mesa road after a pretty good rain, well it was softer then it looked lol! we got stuck at around 8pm, got my truck out at about 4am, worst night ever. My dad yanked on my for about 3 good hours before the truck started to move, a pathfinder, a bronco and chevy 1500 couldnt move me. My dads truck is the F350 shown, has the 6.0L diesle and full exhaust 4" down pipe, and power programmer, thing dynoed 650hp and 900lbs of tourque. Has some other things intake and so on, things a beast, i need a winch!

The mud started turning into soup i was knee deep in it for hours, shovling and swimming! My passanger side door had a dent, but was able to be pushed out, the wheels were all screwed up, like sand paper on a dremmel. It took 2 weeks to get all the mud out from underneeth, car wash did no good, had to lay under with hose, and my hand and pull the clay like shit out, took for ever, man my trash can was full of mud. Right rear drum was so clogged, had to dissasemble it and clean it, along with front right wheel. Fender flares were all scratched up. As i was pulled out it built like a wall of mud behind me, kep getting bigger and bigger as i was pulled out from the axle and shit burried in the mud.

That trip destroyed my rear mudflaps, they were ripped in half, and the mount all bend up inside my wheel well lol, i could only do about 40mph all the way home the truck shook so much from the mud. the mud got as high as the tacoma decal on the front right fender, almost touch the mirror at the end omg. Have some video, but its kind of big, i might try to get it on here.

http://team-sol.net/images/DSCN0256.JPG
http://team-sol.net/images/DSCN0243.JPG
http://team-sol.net/images/DSCN0254.JPG
http://team-sol.net/images/DSC00577.JPG

dign_in
01-01-2005, 08:53 PM
That sucks! Your pic could possibly be in the next Stuck of the Month!

Jay04Taco
01-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Yea, it was pretty bad.................That shit would dry either, it stayed wet for a few days in the trash can, it was some nasty sticky shit. sorry the first pics are so big, i have some others that are good, maybe i will post them later. I seriously thought i was goin to have to sleep in it that night, no way i was leaving it there alone. I had my pistol with me if i had to sleep in it, no way i was goin to let someone destroy my truck.

A funny story that happend there, these guys in the silverado that was trying to pull me out, they were kinda nuts, i was weary of them trying to pull me out, but i said the hell with it, he tried to get a running start, and the strap fell off his ball on his hithc, and he floored it and just kept on goin into the darkness, and disapeared into a buch of bushes and what ever else he ran into, it was so hilarious.

Any one from Phoenix arizona, we are goin to go on a little trail run tommorrow morning, probably the back way to Crown King, or the Wagoner route, if you want to join let me know, i have msn on all the time, of if you want to go do some wheeling, i am usually game as long as the wifey is ok with it lol.

Or shit gimme a call on my cell. Jay 602-695-5702

themariachi
01-01-2005, 09:11 PM
i smell stuck of the month!

Mike
01-01-2005, 09:13 PM
he tried to get a running start, and the strap fell off his ball on his hithc, and he floored it and just kept on goin into the darkness, and disapeared into a buch of bushes and what ever else he ran into, it was so hilarious.
That sounds like a really safe way to get unstuck. :rolleyes:

Later,
....Mike

ARB1977
01-01-2005, 09:21 PM
If i were you i change out your driveline fluids. Since you were stuck for awhile its possible that water/mud could of got in there. Glad you made it out safe.

Jay04Taco
01-02-2005, 07:10 AM
The pumpkin was never under any mud or water, just sitting on top of it, tranny and transfer case were never under either, just that passanger side was all sunk in, but nothing ever really got submerged in anything, i checkd diff it looked fine!

1noobie
01-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Stuck of the month for sure. Beats the hell out of mine LOL!

Jay04Taco
01-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Man someone called me on saturday, i didnt get the vm till this morning, sorry man, think he said his name was Derrick...................We got hung up workin on my friends Pathfinder for a while out on the road, didnt get started till 1pm. let me know if you go again, would like to go with you guys!

wslytoy
01-06-2005, 05:02 PM
damn, that's probably 1 of the worst stucks I've seen in a while, well at least since HS when all my stupid ass friend got stuck left and right!

Jay04Taco
01-06-2005, 10:53 PM
If your gonna get stuck might as well do it good! lol!

I was so nerved up, i seriously thought we would never get it out, no place to really hook up close to my truck, my dads truck was to heavy, started to sink when ever he got close to me, he was about 75' away, thank god the strap held, we went through about 4 straps, and the last one held up just long enough, whew!

Need a winch, will be getting one asap, need a bumper first, would of made it so much easier!

Crash
01-06-2005, 11:29 PM
There is a bunch of us here in AZ. Derek goes by Grumpy on this board. I'm sure he prob is the one who called you. Anyway, Welcome to our crazy group. I'm sure you'll fit right in. LOL Most of us hang out here http://forums.delphiforums.com/southwesttaco/start

DriftinCO
01-07-2005, 07:12 AM
OH man!!! It looks like the bottom dropped out from under your truck. Bleh! No warning?

4xClover
01-07-2005, 10:05 AM
DAMN!!! That is STUCK!!

btw - I have some mud flaps if you are interested. Shipping is a no brainer since we are both in Phx. Let me know via email.

shortbus
01-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Damn! That is one hell of a stuck. Definately gets my vote for stuck of the month. Glad you got out ok and with minimal damage to the Taco. I have been stuck pretty bad like that before. I had mud and water up to the door sills on both sides of my truck. The mud was like clay. Trompping around in it was nearly impossible. Took my buddies Wrangler (front and rear locked) and my buddies 98 Tahoe to pull me out.

JRD
01-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey if ya got more pics throw em up here so we can see!!! You get my vote for SOTM.

Jay04Taco
01-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Yea, i got some more pics, and a vid i will try to get up for ya to see.

I have another of me dragging this jeep up the Back way to Crown King for about a half a mile, he blew out his spider gear in the rear, tried to go the rest of the way on the front drive, and got stuck in some rocks, and then the jeep wouldnt start, so i drug him over the rocks and up the hill dead weight, i was so proud of my little taco. Smoked the 33" mudders lol, funny!

I just kept the mud flaps off, i didnt like em anyway. LOL!

Damn, you guys went the back way on Sat. Shit i was up there Sat. we went up the fron though, i took my daughter up to play in the snow....They got a pretty good amount of snow, but it was warm and it was melting fast. Made for some good mud though up the front!

sickyota
01-13-2005, 07:12 AM
mine looked exactly like that.

http://community.webshots.com/album/213087304XfMvCK

Fishbone
01-13-2005, 07:48 AM
mine looked exactly like that.

http://community.webshots.com/album/213087304XfMvCK

Damn, that's unreal, how deep that is, looks can be decieving though, right?

--Scott

mr4x403
01-13-2005, 01:41 PM
dang, that is one good stucking. i have been there a couple times and they are never fun!!

Jay04Taco
01-13-2005, 05:36 PM
WOW, how close can you get to the exact same stuck same trucks, same side, and same type of stuck and almost same type of truck to pull it out. lmao, nice!

Lucky for me mine was mud only, not one drop of stinky fish water got in my ride lol!

Hate that smell, i did it to my Ranger a few years ago, in the same area, hmm maybe i should stay away from there!

sickyota
01-14-2005, 10:37 AM
yeah man i thought it was only 3 inches deep because the place i was at was covered with 3 inch puddles. water was pretty deep. it came up to the window handle on the door. my cruise control module was destroyed and i have a 1500 rpm idle. no biggie. i just got a 3 inch body and 33 tsl's.

tanKoma
01-14-2005, 05:58 PM
yeah i love it when my truck is on those 45 DG angles

AK98Taco
01-15-2005, 12:23 PM
I've never had my Tacoma really stuck, but I stuck my first truck pretty bad one time, at home in Alaska. I had an '83 GMC Sierra 1/2-ton 6.2L diesel, reg cab longbed, 4x4. I missed a turnoff on the way to a car show and decided to turn around in a dirt cul de sac that wac cut into some trees. The ground was completely dry except for one puddle in the far end.

I was barely into the cul de sac, about 40 feet off the road, and starting my turn when the front of the truck dropped off an edge and my motion came to a violent halt. I put the truck in reverse and tried to back out of the hole, but that accomplished nothing, as I was in 2WD.

I jumped out, onto dry and solid ground, and surveyed the problem. The front tires were not in sight, the front bumper was resting on dry ground on the other edge of the pit, the frame was touching the ground right under the cab, and the rear driveshaft was touching the ground.

I dug through the extremely dense mud to get to my hubs and lock them in, then I climbed back into the truck and tried to back out in 4WD, to no avail. After some rocking back and forth, I started to loosen the hold of the mud, but was still far from getting out as there was a 2-3 foot ledge in front of and behind each front tire.

At that point, I knew I wasn't going to be getting out easily, so I went to the road to try and wave down some help. A 1/2-ton Chevy ex cab stopped by to lend a hand, and he could not even budge the truck with a heavy tow strap and me getting on the gas hard in reverse.

Then a dually, Cummins Ram stopped and gave his best. He got the truck to move a little bit, but I was still not coming out.

He and I called a tow truck, asked for the biggest thing they had, and he got out of the way to watch the show.

A Short while later, a huge wrecker showed up; it was basically a semi with recovery equipment. He hooked up his winch, I put the truck in neutral, and he started to wind it in. The front of his truck started to lift and the whole rig started to slide towards my truck, so he ended up putting his front winch on a big tree in front of him. Then he used his boom/winch to get a better angle on my truck and lift it while winching. Finally, with the ass-end of my truck about 4-feet off the ground, the winch started making headway. $120 for the tow truck recovery and I was out of the mud and on asphalt.

After that, I limped the truck down to a car wash to get must have been 200 pounds of mud out of the engine, front suspension, and undercarriage. Once the truck was mostly clean, I started to drive to a gas station, but the front was grinding heavily and the brakes were almost non-existent. I quickly found a tire shop that does service and stopped in to get some help. I was about 40 minutes from home, so there was no way I was driving this highly dangerous truck home.

The short of that part of the story is that I had to have the front wheel bearings, front rotors, and front inner and outer axle seals replaced. The rear received new drums and seals, as they were packed with mud and gravel, which I couldn't see until I got under the truck and looked.

All summed up, the tow cost $120, the repairs cost $1,100, and I ended up learning a strange lesson, I guess, as to not trust dry dirt on a sunny day when in unfamiliary territory.

Oh, and on the work order, it describes the reason for repairs being that the truck was "submerged in mud." I still have that work order for an occasional laugh and reminder.

KStacoma
01-16-2005, 01:47 AM
All summed up, the tow cost $120, the repairs cost $1,100, and I ended up learning a strange lesson, I guess, as to not trust dry dirt on a sunny day when in unfamiliary territory.

that is a hell of a lesson man, i can't say i've ever had somethign that amounts to that :eek:

AK98Taco
01-16-2005, 07:08 PM
It's not like I was going wheeling or anything. Just turning around in what looked like a perfect spot to turn around. It was dumb-luck that there happened to be an artesian well running under the damn thing.

Oh, well. I haven't gotten that stuck since then.

SilverTaco
01-27-2005, 10:04 PM
WOW, how close can you get to the exact same stuck same trucks, same side, and same type of stuck and almost same type of truck to pull it out. lmao, nice!

Lucky for me mine was mud only, not one drop of stinky fish water got in my ride lol!

Hate that smell, i did it to my Ranger a few years ago, in the same area, hmm maybe i should stay away from there!

I have no pics but the day i got my tires on I decided to go muddin. It was a place i had never been before. Most of it was no sweat for my truck. Well there is the extremely large place that was like a small resivor and the bottom had water in it. my friend told me i couldnt go through the water because it was extremely deep. I took his advice and went to the side only to hit a set of ruts and couldnt go no where. I called a friend with a tahoe on 38's to pull me out.

Next day did the same exact thing with some more frineds that had a ZR2. I decided to hit the deep part first to go through it with my speed. Little did i know i had dug it out deep the day before and it took the ZR2 and a Ranger on 33 TSL to hook together to pull me out. Funny thing is, on one side of the truck you could see my back tire. On the otherit was like no ruts at all.

Son of Mayhem
12-19-2005, 09:58 AM
the last time i got stuck, i hung up the diffs in the middle of two ruts, so after are f150 pulled me out i went through it with a tire in the middle and on the side just to be stubborn, and that was a bitch my jack seized. Thank god for cells, and shovels, i had to dig 4inch trenches, for about 6 feet, then rock it. So my cure is gonna be 33s or bigger.

actually after one snow here, our F150 was climing a hill, Woodmen hill, and got stuck and started to slide backwards, so a TUNdra came down to drag us up the hill with ease. There was also a massively moddified dodge, a tundra and an other CTD pullin people out all day :cool:

MysticGold04
12-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Pics ain't workin! ... though what a story! I hope I never get that stuck! :eek:

Intrepid
12-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Pics ain't workin! ... though what a story! I hope I never get that stuck! :eek:

Probably because this is from last january, hahaha. :D