TTORA Forum banner

Manual hub swap problem

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  HmongToy 
#1 ·
I just completed swapping ADD hubs to Manual hubs for my 2000 Tacoma today using Toyota parts off a 2.7L donor truck that's going SAS. Problem is, my axles apparently are still spinning? The hubs worked fine on the donor truck, my truck drives fine (no clicks or grinding), but my axles still spin while I'm driving. I have the hubs set to "free" and still...nothing changes. I'm stumped, I did come across this thread a few nights ago;

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185581

My question is, would the hose clamp in the actuator mod solve my problem or am I going to have to swap back to ADD because there is no point in keeping "weaker" axles if my axles are still going to spin either way.

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
I had my uncle drive my truck along the road at about 2-3MPH as I looked. Afterwards we had the truck on stands and physically turned the front wheels to see if the axles still moved and sure enough they still move. I'm thinking that something might be up with the hubs...

I guess the only thing left to do is get some pictures or a video up.

Thanks

#8 ·
Did you grease the hubs? Too much grease will keep em locked in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.