TTORA Forum banner

cant get ebrake to hold after changing shoes

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  yotaboy04 
#1 ·
OK this has me stumped maybe one of you guys can tell me what you think. I put on the new rear shoes, tightened the screw that's on the lever on the outside of the backing plate that holds the e-brake cable..made just enough pressure that it wasn't slack

Then put on the drums and run the adjuster till i hear it slightly make contact with the drum. I can roll the drum and mash the foot brake and they stop fine.

I pull the ebrake and it about pops out it so far out.....So then I tightened the adjusters way up and the ebrake would come out less than the 12 click...like 2...I was hoping the auto adjuster would then back it out where it needed....nope didn't do that smoked the shoes....figured that must have been to tight for the auto adjuster...or it doesn't work?

then pulled drum backed the adjuster down...tighten up till it slightly hit the drum and then tightened the ebrake cable under the drive door....I have it down to about 20 clicks on the handle but its still not holding enough I can turn the drum by hand.

So should I tighten the shoes even more just not as much...I've afraid to go to tight not sure if my auto adjuster is working or not.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.