TTORA Forum banner

body lift BE GONE

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  DudeMan 
#1 ·
so i bought this 93 pickup and i have an unknown lift on it. dude said it was ten inches but i dont think so. he says it was a 7 inch procomp lift however it looks more like a 4 inch skyjacker lift but i dont see the signature skyjacker cross member. or the procomp either for that matter. anyway, the truck is rolling on 35's and i want to remove the 3 inch body lift but dont know if the tires will fit with only the suspension lift. i doubt it but what do yall think? do i buy smaller tires and then remove it or do i just remove it. this is my daily driver btw

#3 ·
that did answer alot of my questions! however i have a question regarding this article now. when talking about " full compression" what type of compression is he talking about? like combustion chamber type of compression ratio or what? because while suggesting the downsides to having larger tires, he still mentioned loss in acceleration which, if it does mean the compression ratio in the engine, contradicts himself by saying that he is able to run the 35's at full compression when he admitted he would have acceleration loss. at least thats what i think in my limited knowledge lol

#5 ·
Not engine compression, suspension compression. If a corner (tire) is pushed all the way up (max compression of the springs) what will rub? You have more room at the moment with the body lift but you may need to do some cutting to keep the 35s. best bet is probably to have a set of smaller tires on hand when you remove the lift kit since this is your daily driver, just in case the 35s won't fit anymore.

#6 ·
sweet! yeah i didnt think engine compression lol yeah i think im gonna remove it cuz the ride is stiff as hell and i feel like im gonna roll over when i turn lol its probably just me but yeah. and ill save money on smaller tires anyway. and a 4 inch lift is perfect for 33's right? i know some guys are iffy on whether or not a 3 inch lift is sufficient for 33's so 4 is should be good. does anyone really ride with body lifts anyway?

#7 ·
I roll 33's on 3" of lift. I rub a little but not too bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.