: chk your frame

Guapotaco
10-24-2005, 12:20 PM
it has come to my attention that these longer than stock shackle set ups we all run are causing our little toy frames to bend,check out the upper rear shackle mount,it has bent the c channel down from the inside of the frame, also the bolt that runs directly through the upper bushing is totally built wrong,it has the bolt threads running right through the bushing,whoops,mine was so buggered up it wouldn't come out,had to use the BFH on it and got it out,these shackles need a sleeve and bushing set up just like all set ups do,i'm going to completely rebuild mine so as to run a thicker bushing,9/16's bolt and a sleeve inside of it,also it will require me to fill the upper bolt hole on the shackle and redrill for 9/16's,using a thick bushing will allow better articulation and not destroy things when it's all flexed up,i'll post some pics when i get it redone,please post up if this is happening to you as well,
bet it is! :saw:

Lysmachia
10-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Isn't this the same thing you were talking about here? http://forums.delphiforums.com/XtremeCottora/messages/?msg=34.1 (Glad you reposted as it seems the new forum is finally picking up...)