TTORA Forum banner

wobble!

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  elpasotaco 
#1 ·
so im driving down the highway and i hit 50 mph and my steering wheel shakes like crazy then get to about 60 or 65 and stops. then hit 75 80 and starts again a little. thought it was wheel balance but after i got that done, it got worse. so not sure if bad balance or something else. so i bought a steering stabilizer cuz i was still running the stock one which was already leakin oil. got a new one today a pro comp es 2000 shock. but i cant remove the old one!!! i can take off one of the bolts but the second one the one right by the drivers side wont come off! noticed it had some kind of funky nut system. how do i take off my steering stabilizer shock off on my 93 pick up? also what else could my wobble be? oh and i am running a 4 inch suspension lift with a 3 inch body lift on 35 inch tires with 15 inch wheels. thank you:):welder:

#2 ·
check your tie rod, ive heard that that can help, also the steering stabalizer will help alot when its on right, but i dont know how to take them off, sorry and good luck

#4 ·
thanks for the fsm it will help alot. unfortunately, i was not able to find info on how to change out the stabilizer itself. just on how to change out the tie rods and stuff like that. i think i have an idea on how to remove that bolt. im just gonna have to get a replacement bolt. and also, thanks triplebeez! ill check them out too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.