TTORA Forum banner

2.7l running injector1 and 3 only

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  madtrucker 
#1 ·
i found this '96 4runner with a used 70000miles newly transplanted motor but the guy told me all injectors work but only from the 1st and 3rd injector harness.

I know where the problem is but i dont know the name of the part or part number i need to order the part from toyota.

and the other problem is that the truck is 260miles from and if i can order and replace the part on the spot when i take possession of said truck then i can get a temporairy tag to drive it home instead of towing it home.

i am tradin a '96 honda cbr600 sportbike straight up for it so i plan to ride the bike there make the repair and drive the truck back.

Does anyone know what this control module or sending unit that powers the injectors is called.

#4 ·
Yeah.

The ECU is the computer that makes the fuel injection and the ignition work.

It's located behind the glove compartment on the passenger side of the dash, all the way up by the firewall.

A new one from the dealer isn't going to be cheap.

A used one from a junk yard might be OK, but it needs to be the same year, and the same motor, and the same transmission.

Trying to put a 4 cylinder module on a six isn't going to work. It's got to come from the exact same truck.

I'm guessing that you are looking at a couple hundred if you get a smoking deal, and it could get WAY worse than that if you aren't careful.

Just between you and me, the truck needs to be DIRT CHEAP before I would buy it with a bad ECU.

You could be getting yourself into some serious shit with that.

#6 ·
the guy wantd 1500 as is for the truck and i have a '96 honda cbr600 worth about the same that needs about 600$ worth of work done to it so i figured if i need to replace the ecu and i can find a used one then i could get it to run buff the paint since its got no rust but very faded red paint and posibly sell it for a little proffit the n use te csh to a downpayment on a new tacoma

#8 ·
so a used ecu for a 2.7l auto is nearly impossible to find and when you do find a used one they know your in a bind and want like 20$ less than the price of a new one here in ontario canada as for injectors just get them new from dealer.

all together i'm starting to think i should just for get about it and at lease my bike is in great running condition it just looks like its had a hard life.

So i will wait a few months and just get a new tacoma orderd to my licking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.