: topless tacoma w/cage

zszac111
10-25-2005, 05:18 PM
heres a few pics of the cage i built for my buddy due to a role that crushed the roof/a-pillers in, its weird seeing something with out the roof and especially the a-pillers and windshield but i likes it. its also not complete, i basically need to X brace the back behind the seats and finish the bed part, and add some bracing on the fenders. i didnt build the front bumper (old allpro bumper), just tied into it, we will probably rip it off and build another one, or atleast put a different stinger on there. let me know if you need any fab work done, anything from sliders,bedbars,bumpers, full exo's, bolt-in interior cages. everything would be a one off with the exception of bed bars, some sliders, and bumpers. again im not looking to make a great living off this, i just enjoy building stuff on my spare time. i do have another job which requires me to travel alot but thats only about half the year :D but most of the things listed can be built in a few hours or so.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/911175/FallCrall2005016Cropped.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/911175/NickCage.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/911175/FallCrall2005045resize.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/911175/FallCrall2005046resize.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/911175/FallCrall2005047resize.jpg

uttaco98
10-25-2005, 05:25 PM
That thing is scary awesome! I like how it slopes down to where the windshield used to be. The lights are eerie. Kind of terminatorish. Looks good though.

amatoer10
10-25-2005, 05:32 PM
iw as thinking the exact same thing about the lights. i think it looks like an evil skull or something http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/911175/FallCrall2005046resize.jpg
i really like it though! nice work
________
XT350 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_XT350)

alabamatacomaguy
10-25-2005, 06:42 PM
my friend was there when yall rolled it, you work fast its only been about 2 weeks, it looked like a bad roll
http://photobucket.com/albums/v287/jeep4x4nut/October%208th%20Ride/?action=view&current=100_1932.jpg

nauvooguy
10-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Ahhhh I remember that truck! I actually have it on tape some where. Hey Alabamataco do you remember seeing a truck almost identical to yours, but with 33's?

I jsut went and watched the tap, and it was that truck. I got it going up bent and dents after the competition. BTW what was that leaking after ya'll finally made it up?

zszac111
10-25-2005, 07:05 PM
I jsut went and watched the tap, and it was that truck. I got it going up bent and dents after the competition. BTW what was that leaking after ya'll finally made it up?

are you talking about the truck i did the cage for or another? if your talking about the red truck, it has a leak around the oil pan which got worse as the weekend went on. its an old chevy 350 that needs to be replaced or atleast re-worked, even though it twisted 2 front .120 wall driveshafts into pig tails, if your talking about another truck i dont know. :confused:

TOYMINATOR
10-25-2005, 07:07 PM
heres a few pics of the cage i built for my buddy due to a role that crushed the roof/a-pillers in...

What's your buddy's name? I'll submit his roll pic for the Carnage of the Month. Also, any details of the roll and his modifications to his rig would be helpful!

Thanks

zszac111
10-25-2005, 07:17 PM
What's your buddy's name? I'll submit his roll pic for the Carnage of the Month. Also, any details of the roll and his modifications to his rig would be helpful!

Thanks

nick phillips is his name, the role happened in gardendale, AL on the stairs, he got high centered and was sitting there with all 4 tires off the ground, he put it into reverse and stomped the gas, cut the wheels and it grabbed and shot the truck over like a rocket, modifications to the truck include, dual 60's with 35 spline chromo's, 38.5" TSL's, 32 bolt beadlocks, chevy 350, 700r4, np205, and full hydro steering.

Zackattak
10-25-2005, 09:09 PM
nick phillips is his name, the role happened in gardendale, AL on the stairs, he got high centered and was sitting there with all 4 tires off the ground, he put it into reverse and stomped the gas, cut the wheels and it grabbed and shot the truck over like a rocket, modifications to the truck include, dual 60's with 35 spline chromo's, 38.5" TSL's, 32 bolt beadlocks, chevy 350, 700r4, np205, and full hydro steering.
DAMN :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :welder: :welder: :saw: :saw:

alabamatacomaguy
10-25-2005, 09:15 PM
ya i saw your truck, i was behind my crazy friend in the grand cherokee with no doors, yours looked good,

partyman66
10-25-2005, 09:27 PM
That thing's a monster!

I guess there isn't much on it for bodywork to damage.... a good feeling if you're out looking for fun. :)

chyknees
10-25-2005, 10:11 PM
holy crap....crazy looking tacoma. Down right mean! haha

cb77DEMELLO
10-26-2005, 01:02 AM
That cage don't look half bad! Needs a few more tubes like you said but a nice start! I like the way the windshield has a mean look to it! Keep the pictures coming!

Intrepid
10-26-2005, 06:53 AM
Looks great, anybody who wheels in a cowboy hat is wicked sweet! :D So any general idea of price for the quicker things like bumpers and sliders?

zszac111
10-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Looks great, anybody who wheels in a cowboy hat is wicked sweet! :D So any general idea of price for the quicker things like bumpers and sliders?

send me a pm.

nauvooguy
10-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Yea zach I'm talking about the one in the pic. The one that you put the roll cage on. Why didnt he enter the competition?

wslytoy
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
that thing is evil lookin, ahaha

zszac111
10-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Yea zach I'm talking about the one in the pic. The one that you put the roll cage on. Why didnt he enter the competition?

dunno, we just like to get out and hit as many trails as possible and the whole comp thing takes up half the day. so while everyone was watching and doing the comp thing we basically had the park to our self and didnt have to wait for people who had broke on any of the trails. when mine is done ill have to enter the comp one time just so i can have a reason to hold the skinny down and see how fast i can make it up. we rented the park out a while back and i timed most of the trails in my truck and cant remember a trail that took longer than 2 mins to get up, so ill see if i can drop that to a min this time :D

nauvooguy
10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Sweet1 Next time ya'll rent it let me know, and I'll pitch in and ride along if thats cool? I'm ready to see your truck in action. Oh yea I've been thinkin real hard a SAC and might need some help from some one who has done it a time or 3!

zszac111
10-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Sweet1 Next time ya'll rent it let me know, and I'll pitch in and ride along if thats cool? I'm ready to see your truck in action. Oh yea I've been thinkin real hard a SAC and might need some help from some one who has done it a time or 3!

just let me know if you want to cut some stuff off. all it takes is about 45 mins with the plasma cutter and the IFS is gone. swap easily done in one day for the front if all the parts are there and ready to go on.

SKUUT
10-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Funkin sick, that thing is awesome!

nauvooguy
10-27-2005, 07:01 AM
All right as soon as I'm ready I'll let you know. I first have to get me a little car while my truck is under the knife.

tenntaco
10-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Very nice work, Zac. In retrospect, I think I should have just bought a beater and done something like that to mine.

zszac111
10-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Very nice work, Zac. In retrospect, I think I should have just bought a beater and done something like that to mine.

it has its good things and its bad things, i love the visabilty and when the weather is good its great. but when it gets cold its going to suck ass. we can still cut the top of yours now :D <---------that was a joke

tenntaco
10-27-2005, 11:36 AM
it has its good things and its bad things, i love the visabilty and when the weather is good its great. but when it gets cold its going to suck ass. we can still cut the top of yours now :D <---------that was a joke

If I don't get the holes in the floor covered up and the heat working, mine's going to suck in the winter, too. I'll be alright with a jacket, though :D

zszac111
10-27-2005, 12:04 PM
If I don't get the holes in the floor covered up and the heat working, mine's going to suck in the winter, too. I'll be alright with a jacket, though :D

hell it got cold up in tellico back on that last ride, atleast at night. ive camped up there in late fall and thought i was going to freeze to death because it rained every day and got a little snow one day. thats why im going to be a puss and put heated seats in mine :D plus the GF requested it.

alabamatacomaguy
10-27-2005, 12:40 PM
did you see the black single cab toyota pickup in the 35' and under comp.
he did great, i meet him at work one time, i was undernieth his truck at brunos looking at the sas, and he came out and was like what the hell. his name is cortlin, he rides with the caos people some,. he showed up those built jeeps in the comp. the comp. sounds like a good idea, i would rather just ride the trails there though, those people broke alot of shit for just a 100 bucks, i was riding after the smaller tire comp. and we did the cayon with no one there but us, it felt like we had the park to ourselves, it was nice like zac said not having to wait in line

o ya do yall know if they are going to do the toys for tots ride again this year, if not we should get a ride together in g-dale after college football season.

brad

tenntaco
10-27-2005, 12:49 PM
hell it got cold up in tellico back on that last ride, atleast at night. ive camped up there in late fall and thought i was going to freeze to death because it rained every day and got a little snow one day. thats why im going to be a puss and put heated seats in mine :D plus the GF requested it.

lol I'm sure mine is going to start raising hell. It just started getting cooler up here and she's already complaining about it being "freezing" out. I don't think she'll like it in the mountains at night this time of year :(

nauvooguy
10-27-2005, 10:19 PM
I couldnt beleive how well the little yota did with just some 35 BFG's! Walked right over the rock pile and really only got hung up on that one big tire, but even some of the 38er's was gettin caught on that bad boy!

alabamatacomaguy
10-27-2005, 10:48 PM
theres alot more to cortlins truck than meets the eye, hes got dual cases, a marlin crawler, front and rear lockers and an 82 axle he put in himself, its built toyota tuff, theres another guy we ride with named jamie, his truck is very similar its that hot rod orange looking toyota, they impress lots of jeep only people

nauvooguy
10-28-2005, 07:08 AM
Yea your right....I didnt know he had any of that other junk.