TTORA Forum banner

Why buy a Tacoma

9K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  lunarmist02 
#1 ·
I got the bug for a Tacoma , so I bought a 2001 regular cab 4x4 that looked bran new, I've messed with it spent a lot of time adding personal effects and really enjoy it, but I can not see why it is better than other trucks, I have a 2003 chevy silvarado extended cab 4x4 and the tacoma can't hold a candle to it, I mean it rides like a car plenty of power very dependable I've owned 2 with over 200,000 and no problems, the frame don't bend when pulling someone out sunk to their frame, don't have to worry about the frame rusting out, the body doesn't dent when you touch it, I just don't see why they are so popular, I like my Toyota but if I have my preference I'll pick my chevy any day over my Toyota for ruggedness and dependability

#3 ·
I did not say I was unhappy with the Tacoma I love it, and I'm not bashing Toyota, I own 2 of them, I'm just trying to figure out why in the world they would make a truck that you have to inspect the frame for rust for so many years and why are they so popular, I looked for 4 months before I found one I liked that wasn't junk and the prices of these trucks seems to be a little steep

#5 ·
Have you ever actually "wheeled" any of your trucks?

#6 ·
They are different trucks. People don't question Toyota's popularity because they don't tow as much as a Ford/Dodge/Chevy diesel, or handle like a sports cars. Stock, Toyota's are a very reliable truck. And beyond that, they are an extremely versatile platform. You can take a stock truck and go long travel, expo, rock crawler, and any combination in between.

#7 ·
I typed up this long ass thing thinking I'd prove a point.

But the dude likes Chevy and is clearly trolling. Typical ignorant Chevy lover. Fuck, even Ford beats Chevy by a long shot. Please go back to your Chevy circle jerk. NOGAF.

What color is yall,s trucks and where u get your bling at
This clearly confirms the obvious trolling going on here. NO FOOD FOR YOU! SHOO!

#8 ·
I typed up this long ass thing thinking I'd prove a point.

But the dude likes Chevy and is clearly trolling. Typical ignorant Chevy lover. Fuck, even Ford beats Chevy by a long shot. Please go back to your Chevy circle jerk. NOGAF.

This clearly confirms the obvious trolling going on here. NO FOOD FOR YOU! SHOO!
Obviously thunder one your the dumb fuk and can't read I said I liked my Toyota truck ,nobody is trolling shit . I have bought 3 toyotas in the last 2 years and still have them all how many do you have, I was asking a question trying to get opinions on why people buy tacomas, and yes I have a chevy truck too and I like it also, I come through your area all the time we can hook up if you want to and you can decide if I'm a troll in person

#11 ·
All you have to do is read consumer reports. Maybe that will open your eyes a bit and help you figure out why we like toyota trucks so much.

I've got 275,000 on my 3.4 tacoma and it does not burn any oil. They are rock solid (yeah they fucked up on the frame) and the consumer report just prove it.

#14 ·
You have said more than once in this thread that you like your Tacoma yet you are wondering why we like ours? The Chevy may have made it to 200k but I guarantee it's getting close to a rebuild(motor and transmission.) When a Tacoma hits 200k many people say its just getting broken in and to expect ATLEAST 1-200k more.

#15 ·
280,000 on mine and no end in sight..takes me from east coast to west coast regularly at 19+ mpg and i survey with it when i get to a prospect, tens thousands of offroad, off trail miles. It suits me and what I do perfectly and has never once left me hanging. I cant say enough good things about tacomas.. I do not care in the slightest bit that you cant figure out why other people might like them. Mine is an investment and I will continue to build and improve on it because it absolutely earns its keep and allows me to earn a very decent living.

so i suppose...go **** yourself..or something..?? who cares??

#16 ·
Mine is an '01 4x4 regular cab 5MT.... I've never had the truck fail on me or leave me stranded even one time. The only expensive parts I've replaced on it are wear items such as tires and a rusted exhaust. Aside from that.... just a set of Oxygen sensors, one set of front brakes, and a battery. Not bad if you ask me for 120K miles.

My dad has a 2WD GMC Sonoma and his POS truck is broken almost every week and he's easily spent 4 or 5 times as much money as I have on repairs in the time he's had his truck, which is about half as much time as I've had mine.

#18 ·
Pkmst said:
Vermont evidentaly you care a lot or you would not be boring me with your bullshit, evidentially you ---- yourself a lot in your not caring time, you sure you don't work in the maple syrup business sucking all the sap out of the trees

Posted from Tacomaterritory.com App for Android

#24 ·
If you think your chevy out wheels your tacoma then only one thing can be true....

YOU CANT DRIVE FOR SHIT !!!!! I would pit any of my yotas(of which I have 3, since how we are counting) up againt any chevy ford or dodge out on the trails. These trucks are not like other 4wds in the market, you have to actually be able to drive it.

You have to have some skill behind the wheel. And if you dont(have any skill) then keep the yotas in the garage so one of us that really loves our trucks can buy it from you at an inflated price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.