TTORA Forum banner

dash electronics not working

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  triplebeez 
#1 ·
hey all, i was driving around today and i looked down at my guages and saw my engine temp, gas guage, radio, and heat/ac were all NOT working. i then looked at the fuses and they all same to be fine. ground cable and battery are fine, alternator is keeping up. i just really dont know what else to do. any thoughts, could a wire just have jiggled loose and where could that wire be. thanks for your help.

#3 ·
i went ahead and got a battery since they tested mine dead?? kinda wierd because it was starting fine, but it was not the battery and the autozone guys said they needed a good battery to test the alternator, alternators fine..... now my favorite game.....find the wire........

#4 ·
Not sure what year you have but, in my 98 Tacoma I sometimes have to replace the 10 amp guage fuse on the inside fuse panel. It does not blow but I can move it around and the guages start working.

#5 ·
mine is an 83, and i just tried what you said and that did not work sadly, i found a wire under my steering column that is roasted to hell and back, so im gonna start with that one, ill take a picture of the scarey wiring that the PO of my truck has done to it...again, scarey

#6 ·
found it!!!!

Bringing it back up, i think i found the culprit. i was looking around in the dash and found nothing too out of the ordinary, so i went to wait untill the next day. it rained overnight and i had for some reason left my fuse box cover off. i started the day off with looking for water leaks and i found one..from my fuse box. there was a steady drip coming from my fuse box that i wouldve never found it if the fuse cover on because it was just holding the water. and not draining it. so that is a good thing that i found it because i was just about to order a new harness. ill update tomorow when i get it fixed

#7 ·
okay, so it wasnt the fuse box, it was one random wire behind the radio and it was touching metal and grounding the whole dash system, so i fixed that and replaced all the lights because everything was out, and we are golden. thanks for the help to all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.