TTORA Forum banner

Changed calipers, parking brake light on??

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  WhiskeyBadger 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I just finished changing the front calipers and pads (pins were rusted in) and also the front diff/axle seals.
I bled the front calipers and everything when installing them and they seemed to work fine. Turned it on, pumped the pedal a few times and seemed ok.

Now it seems like the back brakes are a lot more "grabby" and want to lock up. I've read about gear oil causing this, but i've been nowhere near the rear axle the entire time so this is weird. Now the parking brake light on the dash won't go away either???
Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Check your brake fluid. If it is to low make sure to top it off. And if your front brakes still don't want to grab try bleeding them again.

Proper way to bleed is to start from the furthest from the master cylinder. (I.e back pass side, back drivers side, front pass side, front drivers.)

There is a thread out there that tells you how to bleed them

Tapatalk

#4 ·
Maybe it's not so much that the rear brakes are grabby...
but that your front brakes are not seated yet.
or you still have air in the lines/caliper !?

did you turn the rotors ?

^ other then a low fluid light... cel

could it be that your parking brake cable is sticking
and not returning fully to neutral ?
^ be sure the lever in the cab is pushed in all the way.

#5 ·
Tacodell,
It definitely could be that theyre not seated, like i said the pads and calipers are brand new. I didn't get the rotors turned, there wasn't any scoring or gouges but that could be. the reason I think the rear is grabby is that i was driving around the parking lot just now and the rear was locking up on stops it shouldnt have.

one good thing, the ABS light went off that had been on since i bought the truck and the front left wheel isnt locking up under hard stops anymore.

ill keep you posted and let you know if i find it...
Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.