: All-Pro Bumper with a Stinger??

cdub
12-01-2005, 07:46 AM
So I am currently talking to Steve at CBI and am thinking of doing a slight variation of the All-Pro bumper here http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=73
but instead of that little loop bar, put a larger stinger bar on. How does everyone think it would look? Just trying to get some feedback before i make my final decision.

CronusTRD
12-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Why don't you talk to all pro and see if they can do it, instead of stealing their design?

wslytoy
12-01-2005, 09:10 AM
I wouldn't consider that stealing their design. There are tons of bumpers that resemble that type bumper.

CronusTRD
12-01-2005, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't consider that stealing their design. There are tons of bumpers that resemble that type bumper.

Bullshit. Show me one that is already commercial available.

TacoDell
12-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Stealing is not nice... LOL

Why not buy the All-Pro bumper and cut off the upper hoop and throw a taller one on... Might be cheaper in the long run...

I'll admit it's a tad low... as I can barely fit my Hella 500's in there...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/cbrRRman/th_00Taco04.jpg (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/cbrRRman/00Taco04.jpg)

But I'm happy with their products and how well they work...

wslytoy
12-01-2005, 10:00 AM

You completely missed my point. Let me spell it out for you.... There are SEVERAL pre-runner/tube/stinger type bumpers out on the market. Unless someone gets the exact measurements the exact same size tubing; then proceeds to weld everything the exact same as their model, that would be stealing. Building something similar is far from stealing. So I guess you should be just as pissy towards all-pro for them using a similar design as Demello's rear tube bumpers.... Get a fuckin grip man.

Dick Foster
12-01-2005, 10:03 AM
They have stolen a little from Jason, so it's OK. What goes around comes around. LOL

wslytoy
12-01-2005, 10:05 AM
They have stolen a little from Jason, so it's OK. What goes around comes around. LOL

for real, gah!

allpro
12-01-2005, 10:18 AM

Like what???

Jared
12-01-2005, 10:23 AM
:xpopcorn2

This should be a good one.

wslytoy
12-01-2005, 10:28 AM
:xpopcorn2

This should be a good one.

yeah we need some drama, come on lol!

Dick Foster
12-01-2005, 10:28 AM
I figured that might draw you out of the woodwork. LOL 66 posts indeed, you should be ashamed.
A rear bumper. At least Jason thinks so and the similarities were striking. No biggie, I just saw a great opportuinity to yank your chain a little.

allpro
12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
I know our rear Tacoma bumpers are similar. However, we were the originators of the wrap-around design, as shown below on our Pickup/4-Runner bumpers:

http://allprooffroad.com.ipflow.net/images/stories/bumpers/rear_bumper_back_s.jpg

So, I think it can be argued that we were just keeping with our own styling. There are a lot of products that are similar but not exactly the same - and that doesn't necessarily make them any better or worse. It's really a compliment if someone wants to duplicate your products, even if there are some variations. No one can please everyone's tastes. We simply try to offer a quality product at a reasonable price.

TacoDell
12-01-2005, 10:37 AM
It can't be a copy... 'Cause the All-Pro is like half the price... ha ha ha...

SGMongoose
12-01-2005, 11:39 AM
i wish i could have a bumper that looked like the allpro...but cold also be used as a push bumper...and i too would like a bigger hoop on front, i would atleast like to see it from the driver seat so i know where my truck ends

TacoDell
12-01-2005, 11:52 AM
i wish i could have a bumper that looked like the allpro...but cold also be used as a push bumper...and i too would like a bigger hoop on front, i would atleast like to see it from the driver seat so i know where my truck ends

Solutions...

1. Change the hoop.
2. Mount lights on top of the hoop. (you'll see those... ;) )
3. Mount a rod or flag on the tubing. (They make lighted rods just for this)
4. It's strong enough to push anything. But will look like shiat with little dents in the tubing. Maybe you could mount some rubber on the tubing to act as a cushion.
5. Buy one of those cheap ass thumper bumpers.
6. Tell the guy in front of you it's time to buy a winch.
7. Pulling is easier on your truck than pushing.
8. I'm sure there's more... :D

SGMongoose
12-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Solutions...

1. Change the hoop.
2. Mount lights on top of the hoop. (you'll see those... ;) )
3. Mount a rod or flag on the tubing. (They make lighted rods just for this)
4. It's strong enough to push anything. But will look like shiat with little dents in the tubing. Maybe you could mount some rubber on the tubing to act as a cushion.
5. Buy one of those cheap ass thumper bumpers.
6. Tell the guy in front of you it's time to buy a winch.
7. Pulling is easier on your truck than pushing.
8. I'm sure there's more... :D

1. is changing the hoop hard/expensve? i dont want to spend all that money for something that looks hacked.
2. lights ontop of the hoop crossed my mind, but im not sure how that will look, and they would be more vulnerble to damage up there. have any pics?
3. i thought about the lighted rods but those are ussually at the corners and the front extends beyonf that.
4. i have no doubt that its strong enough but if i were to push someone i'd be contacking the their tailgate with the hoop and not their actual bumper

TacoDell
12-01-2005, 08:01 PM
1. is changing the hoop hard/expensve? i dont want to spend all that money for something that looks hacked.
It's way cheaper than a total custom build

2. lights ontop of the hoop crossed my mind, but im not sure how that will look, and they would be more vulnerble to damage up there. have any pics?
That's a personal choice. Many do it. Shouldn't be in the way if mounted behind the hoop.

3. i thought about the lighted rods but those are ussually at the corners and the front extends beyonf that.
No reason you have to mount them in any special location. There's a spot on the front most area to mount it...

4. i have no doubt that its strong enough but if i were to push someone i'd be contacking the their tailgate with the hoop and not their actual bumper
If they're letting you push them with anything they should know the risks of possible damages either way... That said...

Around 24 inches to the lower winch platform tubing (Horizontal) and that is boxed/squared in... I could post a side angle pic if ya need... The rear on a Taco is between 22 to 25 inches in bumper height... It could work... Probably not for your Moms Camry though... Are you a cop or something that needs to push criminals off the roadway... What gives with all the push and shove shiat anyhow? Are you refering to a courtesy bump in a racing event? Or push starting someones car/rig? This ain't no racing bumper... it's a winch mount/tubular bumper... And push shiat at your own risk... 'cause I in no way recommend it... I was just implying that it could be done...

Tacominator
12-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Actually Badlands bumpers is the originator. I built my bumper WAY before all-pro came out with this design- they stole it from me! I want RIGHTS and MONEY! j/k, buid whatever the F you want. That's why Toyota is so good, they take something good, study it, and make it better- well that's what they used to do. http://bimmerboys.com/tacominator/winch3small.jpg

Tacominator
12-02-2005, 11:20 AM

http://www.badlandbumpers.com/index_files/page0002.htm

jon_7248
12-02-2005, 12:08 PM
I know our rear Tacoma bumpers are similar. However, we were the originators of the wrap-around design, as shown below on our Pickup/4-Runner bumpers:

http://allprooffroad.com.ipflow.net/images/stories/bumpers/rear_bumper_back_s.jpg

So, I think it can be argued that we were just keeping with our own styling. There are a lot of products that are similar but not exactly the same - and that doesn't necessarily make them any better or worse. It's really a compliment if someone wants to duplicate your products, even if there are some variations. No one can please everyone's tastes. We simply try to offer a quality product at a reasonable price.

Im a firm beleiver of AllPro, even though I cant spell. I had their bumper on my 4runner for years! To bad my little brother (now drives the 4runner) had a buddy with a diesel who ripped them off.

Word of advice... when a truck is frame up in mud, dont have your buddy get a running start when trying to pull you out!!! Let alone frmo a reciever hitch when I had D-rings welded on for pulling. *sigh*

SgtMunger
12-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Jesus people, he aint puttin the thing into production to sell it, so who gives a freakin rip if he copies a product design and alters it?!?! WTF? :rolleyes:
It "MIGHT" be cheaper to buy the AllPro and alter it, but either way you go cdub hope it works out and post pics when yur done.

padesertboy
12-02-2005, 12:46 PM
DUDE, you get a grip. Your problem YOU FIX IT...asshole!

equin
12-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Actually Badlands bumpers is the originator. I built my bumper WAY before all-pro came out with this design- they stole it from me! I want RIGHTS and MONEY! j/k, buid whatever the F you want. That's why Toyota is so good, they take something good, study it, and make it better- well that's what they used to do. http://bimmerboys.com/tacominator/winch3small.jpg

Wow, that's one of the best prerunner-style bumpers I've ever seen for a Tacoma.

hawaiianbro
12-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Yes althought the allpro is very nice, I think this the best i've seen.

thebeast8888
12-02-2005, 03:50 PM
can u weld? its just cuting and welding...and if ur not a cheapass maybe painting lol

thebeast8888
12-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Jesus people, he aint puttin the thing into production to sell it, so who gives a freakin rip if he copies a product design and alters it?!?! WTF? :rolleyes:
It "MIGHT" be cheaper to buy the AllPro and alter it, but either way you go cdub hope it works out and post pics when yur done.
well said

equin
12-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah, the design is the the best looking one I've seen so far. It not only protects, but it also retains the factory turn signals (so you don't have to go through the trouble of ruining a perfectly good corner lamp housing to do the turn signal mod). It allows for a winch and additional lights. And, more importantly, it helps conceal the ugly, unsightly mess that a low-to-the-ground-frame leaves when not covered up by the almost equally ugly, stock plastic bumper valence.

So you made this one yourself Tacominator? If so, would you mind if I copied a bit of your design for when I make one for my 03?

dstrbdone
12-02-2005, 04:23 PM
I really like the Allpro bumper design but have also thought about a similiar design with a taller stinger hoop. Definitly post some pics when/if you get it done.

-Trent

hammerdown
12-02-2005, 04:29 PM
DUDE, you get a grip. Your problem YOU FIX IT...asshole!

you have to use the "quote" button...otherwise we dont know who youre pissed off at and we cant add to the tension by digging in and fuckin with you!!! noob.

Tacominator
12-02-2005, 05:36 PM
So you made this one yourself Tacominator? If so, would you mind if I copied a bit of your design for when I make one for my 03?

Copy away! My 3 link design is copied often, even though I took demello's idea and twisted it around a bit. That's what we're here for, SHARE information and IDEAS. Not get pissy when someone takes someone's idea and runs with it. In fact, it makes me really happy when someone copies me, it means I did a decent job!

BIGTOYOTA
12-02-2005, 08:12 PM
So I am currently talking to Steve at CBI and am thinking of doing a slight variation of the All-Pro bumper here http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=73
but instead of that little loop bar, put a larger stinger bar on. How does everyone think it would look? Just trying to get some feedback before i make my final decision.

I like my CBI stuff Steve is very good to work
with and you will like what he will do.

equin
12-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Copy away! My 3 link design is copied often, even though I took demello's idea and twisted it around a bit. That's what we're here for, SHARE information and IDEAS. Not get pissy when someone takes someone's idea and runs with it. In fact, it makes me really happy when someone copies me, it means I did a decent job!

Thanks, Jake. I wasn't sure if you were making and selling them, in which case I could understand if you didn't want your design copied. That's why I thought I'd ask your permission first. But yeah, it's definitely the best prerunner style tubular front bumper I've seen on a Tacoma. I also checked out your site - awesome Taco. Lots of good ideas on a very well built rig.

zszac111
12-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Wow, that's one of the best prerunner-style bumpers I've ever seen for a Tacoma.

probably because Tacominator is very good at the stuff he builds :D and cheats by TIG welding everything. I will get my damn syncro250 back from my dad and tig my hole truck but dont have the patience. so some quarter layed beads with a pulsing mig will have to do. but i do agree the bumper looks very good, simple and probably very effective.

rokbrkr
12-03-2005, 09:58 AM
This is funny becuase there are so many talented and creative builders out there, that it is hard to build anything anymore with out it looking like something someone else has done, there is only so many ways you can bend tubing into a bumper and have it look good.
My basic winch mounting system looks very similar to allpro's, I designed and built mine before anyone, including me, ever saw allpros, and in the same turn I'm sure they never say my design before thiers,...... no big deal, I know niether one of us was trying copy the other.
I have people everyday, send me pics of all kinds of different bumpers and tell me what they want off of each one to get the exact look they are after, that is what custom is all about, getting exactly what YOU want, not just what other people put in front of you, allpro makes a great product, but I don't see the sense in cutting up a perfectly good bumper, when you can have one made from scratch to your specs. :2cents:

TacoDell
12-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Duh... it's called saving money... If money is not an issue then by all means... there is no limit... If ya do it yourself you'll save the most... Nothin' wrong with having a platform base to start with and mod it to your liking... Unless the base platform is not to your liking... Then you need to start from scratch... There are no rules when it comes to back yard fabrication... Anything goes... IMO...

The thread title was "All-Pro Bumper with a Stinger" I thought... :rolleyes: With that title is should be about mod'n the All-Pro... IMO

Tacominator
12-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Did you guys think of calling all-pro and saying "will you do this?". They're not made in china bumpers, they'll probably do what you like for very cheap and possibly make a change to the bumper everyone likes. I've heard a lot of people complain about the stinger on that bumper, they would probably love the feedback.

tcmaboy
12-03-2005, 12:21 PM

http://www.demello-offroad.com//catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_24&products_id=70&osCsid=6e50c9ab702f4d1357ccd422f383fb91

Texan1983
12-03-2005, 06:04 PM
yea, uh they need to get some better pics of their bumpers... can't really tell what the hell they look like.

TacoDell
12-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Did you guys think of calling all-pro and saying "will you do this?". They're not made in china bumpers, they'll probably do what you like for very cheap and possibly make a change to the bumper everyone likes. I've heard a lot of people complain about the stinger on that bumper, they would probably love the feedback.

That's a good idea... But they are a production business not custom... But who knows unless ya ask...

Tacominator
12-05-2005, 01:00 AM
They started off custom, all pro hasn't been big for long. The owner went to the high school my dad did, they went from the best to the biggest fairly recently. I'm sure they would love the feedback...

TacoDell
12-05-2005, 01:13 AM
They started off custom, all pro hasn't been big for long. The owner went to the high school my dad did, they went from the best to the biggest fairly recently. I'm sure they would love the feedback...

Maybe... but it's difficult to be big... and fry small fish at the same time...

Tacominator
12-05-2005, 04:45 PM
I was just curious, so I tried... You were right, I was wrong!

I said:
> It seems a lot of people like the bumper that you guys make for the
> tacoma. There are however a lot of people that like the bumper with a
> larger stinger. Call this feedback I guess? I also say you guys are
> still small enough to cater to individual needs. There are some that
> don't...
> http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21628 (http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21628)

They said:

It is very difficult to please everybody with one design, but when doing
production in high volume, it isnt always feasable to make multiple designs
because a couple individuals want it setup differently. We have had several
customers modify our design by removing the corner guards (handles as some
refer to them) or the overrider grille guard. While we would like to be able
to personalize each individual bumper, it just isnt possible at the prices
we are currently selling at considering we are having them built at an
outside facility 300 miles away.

Seems that for that price you should just buy it and modify it...

02tacotim
12-06-2005, 07:57 AM
That's why I went with a badlandbumpers.com I combined two different styles he made to come up with what I wanted and he made it and had it to me in about three weeks from the west to east coast. I am very pleased with it and it has taken some big time abuse with barely a scratch. Anybody wants a pic just send me a pm. Comes already drilled for a Warn M8000 winch with plenty of room for lights.

Tim

TacoDell
12-06-2005, 10:44 AM

Why would it look hacked... Unless of course you found someone who does shoddy work... I believe with a good fabricator it would turn out looking just fine...

If ya roll the truck over... yeah... ;) Sorry no pics here... I don't like that look...

They can go anywhere your imagination takes you... as long as there is tubing to mount 'em to...

The front lower horizontal tube is nearly the same height as the rear bumper of a Taco... Might not want to push your Mom's camry though... LOL

Side veiw... http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/cbrRRman/th_98thru00-04.jpg (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/cbrRRman/98thru00-04.jpg)