TTORA Forum banner

chevy 350 in 89 Cruiser?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  calamaridog 
#1 ·
chevy 350 in a 89 Landcruiser .Is this a do able swap?And does anyone make adapters for such a swap?i checked avanced real quick and nothing.if anyone can point me in the right direction i would appericate it.
Thanks in advance
Joe

#3 · (Edited)
NEVDEP said:
chevy 350 in a 89 Landcruiser .Is this a do able swap?And does anyone make adapters for such a swap?i checked avanced real quick and nothing.if anyone can point me in the right direction i would appericate it.
Thanks in advance
Joe
did the 89 have the 3.0 6cyl? the current issue of 4wd toyota owner magazine had an article on swap options for these cruisers with price estimates, pros & cons, and summaries. all toyota engines though. which is what i would stick with personally.

#6 ·
Downey sells adapters for LC's, not sure about an 89 model, as far as the bellhousing adapters and what not. If I were to swap in a Chevy anything, I'd swap in a Chevy trans and t-case to boot. Oh yeah, NWOR sells stuff too, but don't buy from them lol!

#8 ·
Joe,

As previously stated, Advanced Adapters or Downey would have the adapters and motor mounts and such.

There is nothing wrong with the transmission or transfer case in that truck. Very stout.

Your best source of information will be ih8mud.com, as you have already been told.

The 89 is an FJ62. It is a nice candidate for an engine upgrade, such as a GM 350, or even one of the newer Vortec V8's.

I helped a friend swap a GM 350 into his 1976 FJ55. What a difference! Don't remember what adapters he used, it was years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.