: 2005 Tacoma audio setup

jayotto4
01-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Has anyone done any custom setups yet? Anyone know what size speakers are even in the truck? I definitly want a sub either 1 ten or two 8's. Nothing huge but just enough to give some thump. I think I have already blown my factory speakers so those need to be changed soon. I thought I saw a post on the JL stealth boxes for these trucks but no one has hear when or if they are comming out. :welder:

renzo626
01-06-2005, 10:08 PM
I have a 12" W6 sealed box. The speakers are 6x8 in front 5x7 in back I think. They sell adapters to make them 6.5 (as they come in kits w/ tweeters). I wouldn't get a stealth box. Put that money toward a good amp. My 4ch. pushes my whole system and it rocks more than most cars I see. Of course I know about installation and have very good power distribution. A qulity DVC 10 will give more than some thump. If you do this yourself I can give you advice on runnig the wires to eliminate engine noise and alll that good stuff.

iaintdumb2
01-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Hey, I have a double cab and have been wondering about this for awhile. I'm not sure what can fit under the rear seats, but it seems like a good place. Other than that, I dunno. Does anyone know where the 8" JBL sub is located in that little add on package?

Megan

asteffes
01-01-2006, 05:49 PM
www.tacotunes.com