: goin to Virginia

86 toy
12-09-2005, 06:39 AM
just thought i would let you guys know that you probibally won't hear much from me on the weekdays untill after christmas because i'll be at Mercks stonewall plant in Elkton Virginia with work intsalling their new process equipment for the HPV vaccine that we built. but i will be home on the weekends so that keeps the wife somewhat happy.

also after the new year when i get my truck finished we need to get togeather for a club run somewhere when it gets closer i will put something togeather ..

Stock02
12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Mark
Don't envy ya being away from home but hey it's a job right.
Hope ya have a safe and happy holiday!
Keith

Fishbone
12-12-2005, 04:29 AM
Mark,

Being away from home kicks ass!! It's like a little vacation, I mean, when do ya get to go anywhere without the wifey? hahaha!
Have fun, be careful and don't work too hard.

--Scott

draufganger
12-14-2005, 11:35 AM
That makes 2 of us working on the HPV vaccine! I'm working on getting the new building at West point into full manufacturing mode. Have fun down there! If you have a Merck email account and have any questions...shoot me an email (John_Buckley@merck.com) When you get back, we'll have to compare buildings!

Jay

Fishbone
12-15-2005, 04:06 AM
What the hell is HPV? Dumb it down a bit for us not in the know.

draufganger
12-16-2005, 09:58 AM
HPV=Human Papilloma virus. There is a bunch of types of this virus that is the cause of cervical cancer and genital warts. The clinical trials of the new vaccine shows that it has prevented 100% of 4 different types of the virus which is pretty much unheard of. Although, there are more types of the virus that cause cervical cancer, just these four types cover about 70% of the cancerous types plus, they are the most common types. The 100% prevention is really a huge bonus especially since cervical cancer is one of the leading killers of women world wide. So, this vaccine is a huge breakthrough and you'll see it have an impact world wide. It'll probably become something that most children will be vaccinated with (including boys/men since we can spread the virus and it would protect them against genital warts).

86 toy
12-16-2005, 04:41 PM
That makes 2 of us working on the HPV vaccine! I'm working on getting the new building at West point into full manufacturing mode. Have fun down there! If you have a Merck email account and have any questions...shoot me an email (John_Buckley@merck.com) When you get back, we'll have to compare buildings!

Jay
we built the HPV skid for the West Point plant.. cool
I work for Techniserv Inc our name is all over that thing