TTORA Forum banner

First FJ40?

6K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  calamaridog 
#1 ·
Hi, this is my first post.

#5 ·
Welcome Scott.

#7 ·
Just got back from some time in the woods. I blew a relatively easy shot [150 yards from a rest] on a really, really nice buck last night, but got redemption this morning when I got two turkeys with a single shot!

What is this world coming to.....HardTaco is offering user advice, and Murderman is a mod? I have been reading the "sucks" thread. It sounds like you are trying to play nice, it will be good to have you back around.

Do you have the 'cruiser back rolling again? Last time we talked, it sounded like you had some work still ongoing.

#8 ·
Murderman said:
Just got back from some time in the woods. I blew a relatively easy shot [150 yards from a rest] on a really, really nice buck last night, but got redemption this morning when I got two turkeys with a single shot!

What is this world coming to.....HardTaco is offering user advice, and Murderman is a mod? I have been reading the "sucks" thread. It sounds like you are trying to play nice, it will be good to have you back around.

Do you have the 'cruiser back rolling again? Last time we talked, it sounded like you had some work still ongoing.
The cruiser is "done", I wheeled it this past week.
Pics,
http://www.scottkarg.com/rauschcreek112804/

Some poser shots and closeups,
http://www.scottkarg.com/fj40pics/

#9 ·
Looks great Scott!

Is it just the pics, or do you pick up a relatively significant amount of forward travel when the front stuffs? Not that I would think it is a bad thing, except that it tends to steer one downhill; I run front shackles intentionally to help bump ledges [at least traction wise]....same deal, sorta.

#11 ·
Murderman said:
Looks great Scott!

Is it just the pics, or do you pick up a relatively significant amount of forward travel when the front stuffs? Not that I would think it is a bad thing, except that it tends to steer one downhill; I run front shackles intentionally to help bump ledges [at least traction wise]....same deal, sorta.
It's probably "illusionary". I picked up 10" of WB though, so it looks a little funky in some pics, especially if the wheels are turned.

#14 ·
So I get all excited that someone posted in the landcruiiser section and it's a freaking test post. Just kidding. welcome...

#16 ·
Hey we got a our own little section on the Tacoma board COOL!!! I like it. Now everyone can tell me everthing I need to know about mine as I haven't really started in on it yet. Soon, if AJ and Chuck ever get their shop going.

#17 ·
HardTaco said:
Say what? If you were talking about my post, it's not a test post. :confused:
You said: "Hi, this is my first post.'

So I thought it was your test post. Sorry.

#19 ·
your cruiser kicks arse

Hey Scott, did you change your Aim name???? I dont see you on there anymore, Hey shoot me an email mj@wetwired.org, I got a ton of questions for you, I have a 77 fj40 begging to get built, and I dig yours man, let me know , oh yeah all the typical bullshit, welcome back, missed you, and all that , hit me up in an email!

#20 ·
Morouse said:
Hey Scott, did you change your Aim name???? I dont see you on there anymore, Hey shoot me an email mj@wetwired.org, I got a ton of questions for you, I have a 77 fj40 begging to get built, and I dig yours man, let me know , oh yeah all the typical bullshit, welcome back, missed you, and all that , hit me up in an email!
I don't use aim too much anymore. I had too many internet chicks tryin to get with this.

#23 ·
HardTaco said:
My 40? If so, what do you want to know? :D
I am more or less asking so I can give a friend ideas. I sent him your pictures.

1. tire size?
2. lift amount?
3. How travel do your shocks have?

Do you have a write up on your suspension upgrades?

#24 ·
Renaud33 said:
I am more or less asking so I can give a friend ideas. I sent him your pictures.
1. tire size? 36x13.50x17
2. lift amount? just a few inches, I like it low
3. How travel do your shocks have? 14"

Do you have a write up on your suspension upgrades? No write up, but pics here http://whaleyent.com/ipw-web/gallery/album06

#25 ·
HardTaco said:
I like it low[/b]
I sure hope that doesn't mean that you are on the "low down".....

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.