: Shaven or Unshaven

Aleco911
12-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Now come on Im talkin about why I dont see more toyotas in this forum with their emblems removed. I mean you know what the car is and it looks so bad ass. Comments on the shaving look or if you would like to know how?

themariachi
12-26-2005, 11:06 AM
shaved

GOT COPE?
12-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Now come on Im talkin about why I dont see more toyotas in this forum with their emblems removed. I mean you know what the car is and it looks so bad ass. Comments on the shaving look or if you would like to know how?

Maybe because it doesnt increase the trucks wheeling ability in any way, so why waste time doing a useless mod? Even if I had time to waste I wouldnt use it removing badging. :rolleyes:

bland
12-26-2005, 11:10 AM
I mean you know what the car is and it looks so bad ass. Comments on the shaving look or if you would like to know how?

you mean truck? :D Are you going to explain how to 'shave' the emblems?

Wgasa84
12-26-2005, 11:31 AM
I did mine. http://www.nowwgasa.net/mods.asp?ModID=3&Truck=2004+Tacoma+Tacoma+Double+Cab

mikerox
12-26-2005, 12:09 PM
i dont kn ow if it will make my truck itchor not. does it make your truck itch?

mikerox
12-26-2005, 12:10 PM
oh yea, and how long till it starts to grow back?

12-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Now come on Im talkin about why I dont see more toyotas in this forum with their emblems removed. I mean you know what the car is and it looks so bad ass. Comments on the shaving look or if you would like to know how? Shaved or unshaved. I thought you were talking about woman! Hmmmm......

TacoDell
12-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Why bother... if you trail ride you'll eventually shave 'em off on some rock or when you lay it on it's side... I'm more worried about what's getting shaved under the truck then on the body panels... This is a pretty boy mod... My image is what works on the trail... Not what looks purdy at the mall...

And this shiat has been covered before...

mekanik671
12-26-2005, 12:57 PM

tha TTORA forum is for serious off-roaders... you wanna get more into cosmetics of tha truck try customtacos.com... but me personally, i like tha 'shaved' look... not a fan of tha shiny stuff...

triophan
12-26-2005, 04:35 PM
I just spent 6 hours removing the stupid blue graphics off the sides of my truck. Yeah, I like to run the trails out here, and I am not going to spend $5000 on a paint job, but I do take pride in my ride and there are a few little things I can do to make it stand out a little, and I like that. It is mine.

groovy...
dave

hawaiianbro
12-26-2005, 07:33 PM
i usually shave every 2 months.....gold bond helps in the first few initial days after....but 2 months and it starts to look like a dark forest from harry potter. ;)

GOT COPE?
12-26-2005, 09:11 PM
i usually shave every 2 months.....gold bond helps in the first few initial days after....but 2 months and it starts to look like a dark forest from harry potter. ;) TMI

04RedLobster
12-26-2005, 10:52 PM
I just spent 6 hours removing the stupid blue graphics off the sides of my truck. Yeah, I like to run the trails out here, and I am not going to spend $5000 on a paint job, but I do take pride in my ride and there are a few little things I can do to make it stand out a little, and I like that. It is mine.

groovy...
dave
How about u take the time and paint it urself...
it'll def be under 5k..;)

LAW
12-26-2005, 10:53 PM
How about u take the time and paint it urself...
it'll def be under 5k..;)
one word... camo

triophan
12-26-2005, 11:23 PM
I've painted a few. a 63 falcon, my old 78 GMC, I am just not going to buy a truck and a few weeks later paint it up. just seems pointless. the paint I have on it now is in good shape, give me a few months and a few arkansas "wunder whats down that-a-way" trips, and I will paint it.

mikerox
12-27-2005, 03:11 AM
Shave then wax to make a nice smooth panel. I dunno my truck never had emblems. I like it but you'd be suprised how many people ask me what kind of truck it is.you can't shave and then wax. damn noob:D

PWScottIV
12-27-2005, 04:30 AM

Mmmm, shaved... Nice and slick and wet and... Oh, you were talking trucks, doh. Umm, who cares about trucks?...

Plasstik
12-27-2005, 05:05 AM
:flamethro on

taco420
12-27-2005, 09:49 AM
were not talkin bout hondas here people. shaven is for sissies. this is a toyota truck site. i take pride in the fact that i own a toyota. why would i want to shave my emblems any way. isnt that like a gay thing people do to their ricers so other poeple wont make fun of them for owning one?

LAW
12-27-2005, 09:53 AM
were not talkin bout hondas here people. shaven is for sissies. this is a toyota truck site. i take pride in the fact that i own a toyota. why would i want to shave my emblems any way. isnt that like a gay thing people do to their ricers so other poeple wont make fun of them for owning one?
thats what i wanted to hear, they should ONLY be removed by rocks and other forms of carnage.. such as the cows that smashed my door and the tree that took my trd sticker :D

Wgasa84
12-27-2005, 10:17 AM
tha TTORA forum is for serious off-roaders...
LOL you do realise most people on the board hardly wheel right?

Wgasa84
12-27-2005, 10:18 AM
I 'shaved' them because I got tired of waxing around them. Yes I wax my junk... paint is expensive. Hell it helps keep the minor scratches at bay.

Wgasa84
12-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Why bother... if you trail ride you'll eventually shave 'em off on some rock or when you lay it on it's side... I'm more worried about what's getting shaved under the truck then on the body panels... This is a pretty boy mod... My image is what works on the trail... Not what looks purdy at the mall...

And this shiat has been covered before...
So my taco was a mall runner before I bought the beater? Biatch!

Mike
12-27-2005, 10:21 AM

Guess I'm a sissy. I peeled that chrome shit off my truck shortly after buying it.

Later,
....Mike

Wgasa84
12-27-2005, 10:22 AM
i dont kn ow if it will make my truck itchor not. does it make your truck itch?
yeah my truck itches thats why I use the brush to relieve the itch. ;)

Wgasa84
12-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Guess I'm a sissy. I peeled that chrome shit off my truck shortly after buying it.

Later,
....Mike
Yes, Mike your a sissy. Guess chrome is a real offroader thing? Who knew...

Aleco911
12-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Wo wo wow guys, I know this is a wheelin site and I dont understand the mentality behind what you say that only ricers do.. But Why are you ripping on the shaven look? As long as you know what kind of car it is why the f*ck do you car what anybody else thinks. This technique definately orginiated from the hot rodding crowd not the bullshit ricers. Plus, "this is only a wheelin site" come on we all love our trucks thats why we are on here dicussing with people from around the country about how much these trucks kick ass and we do anything to these trucks to make them our own. Have a good day

mikerox
12-27-2005, 02:28 PM

Later,
....Mikethe only reason the trd badging is still on my truck is because i am lazy. same with the chrome. i never liked all the letering all over the place. i never put stickers on my ride either. so, all the guys with chamburg and fabtech stickers and shit, did you pay for those banner adds on your truck?

Tweeter
12-27-2005, 02:41 PM
So THATS why mine doesn't itch! Truck...that is.

tcmaboy
12-27-2005, 02:48 PM
My truck is shaved. I mean completely shaved. If you are going to do it do it right. Who needs that silly bed, or fenders for that mater. Come on guys get with it, gosh. :rolleyes:

mikerox
12-27-2005, 03:15 PM
My truck is shaved. I mean completely shaved. If you are going to do it do it right. Who needs that silly bed, or fenders for that mater. Come on guys get with it, gosh. :rolleyes:thats waxed

Aleco911
12-27-2005, 04:06 PM
haha thats good

swank501
12-27-2005, 10:25 PM
haha thats good
Mines completely shaved from the emblems to the handles and pretty much everything else. I don't care what anyone thinks, I just went a little crazy with it when I was in the process of prepping it for paint. To each is own, I like customizing almost as much as I like wheeling. My truck went from trail truck to a show winner and now back to trail truck. :D Do what you like bro and as long as your happy with it then forget what anyone else thinks

Aleco911
12-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Yea my truck has been shaved for sometime I just wanted to see what other thought of it. And yes I believe as much as modding out the internal systems is just as important as the look of the truck and the extra effort you put into it to make the truck look your own and amazing. Thanks.

TTORupTACO
12-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Shaved hell!Mine does'nt even shower!I was lookin' into clear coating the dirt n mud just so I dont ever have to wash it again.

meat
12-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Half shaven, the trail took one side out.

Aleco911
12-28-2005, 12:21 PM
that'd be the natural way to do it...

I love that avatar, that knight type thing is sweet as hell