: Need a Boot

Marshytaco
12-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Hey guys, I hope this in the correct folder but if it's not, the mods can suck it! HAHAHA
But, I need a boot to go over the end of the steering shaft on my 82. The original boot is destroyed and I have not had any luck finding one. But, just about any boot will work, like a shock boot or anything like that. I was thinking I might go by a bike shop and see if they can sell me one boot for a front suspension fork. That is about the size I need, only 4 inches long, maybe not even that long. But, I could always cut down a longer boot to make it work. I was just going to zip tie the ends.
Does anyone have some sort of boot that would work, or do you guys have any other ideas of where I could get one, cheap? I'm just looking to not spend much on one since it doesn't really do a lot, other than keep dirt out of the one place there you grease the steering shaft.
Let me know what you guys have or think will work.
Thanks!

ATLRoach
12-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Have you called Barb and Chris at TRDParts4U.com?

Marshytaco
12-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I sent them an email about some other parts, too, and they have not yet responded. So, I thought I would throw this out there. Just about anything will work, so I'm hoping I don't have to spend much $$$ on this little part. Like $5 or something is what I'm looking to spend. And, I had to lengthen it for the body lift so I don't know that a stock one would fit it still.

KMrunner
12-28-2005, 11:41 AM
I sent them an email about some other parts, too, and they have not yet responded. So, I thought I would throw this out there. Just about anything will work, so I'm hoping I don't have to spend much $$$ on this little part. Like $5 or something is what I'm looking to spend. And, I had to lengthen it for the body lift so I don't know that a stock one would fit it still.

Spend some time at the pull-a-part in Conley or Buford. You would be suprised at the stuff you could find. I wouldn't drive all the way down there for a boot but if you have other things on your list.

mnntaco
12-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Spend some time at the pull-a-part in Conley or Buford. You would be suprised at the stuff you could find. I wouldn't drive all the way down there for a boot but if you have other things on your list.

As of last 12/18 Conley Had no boxs, shafts or boots for any toyota truck there I haven't seen any new trucks listed since.

Marshytaco
12-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Michael,
I know a guy that may have the parts that you need. Give me a call this evening and I'll give you his name and number. I'll have to fill you in on how to talk to the guy, too.
Marshall

mnntaco
12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Marshall,

I'll give you a call tonight.

sloppytaco
12-28-2005, 02:17 PM

If you call them up you can talk to any of the parts people and get the TTORA cost. I didn't talk to Barb or Chris and got the discount on the wheel bearings. I saved $31 per bearing compared to the local dealerships cost.