: Cal 4 Wheel Winter Fest

UncleChris
01-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Is anybody going to the Cal4Wheel Winter Fest???

tacd44
01-10-2006, 08:53 PM

Yep.

mikerox
01-10-2006, 09:45 PM
never heard of it. more info?

Mike
01-10-2006, 09:50 PM
never heard of it. more info?

http://www.cal4wheel.com/wff/2006wff.htm

Later,
....Mike

TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM
01-10-2006, 11:35 PM

See you there!

UncleChris
01-11-2006, 10:46 AM
What runs are you guys signed up for?

I haven't registered yet, but talked to Pat who said that I can still register.

Thanks

TACORICAN
01-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Sorry but the details on their site dont say much. What is this? a run??????

01-11-2006, 08:05 PM
What runs are you guys signed up for?

I haven't registered yet, but talked to Pat who said that I can still register.

Thanks

Our group is signed up for the Saturday Avalance Express run. The run description is "Unlimited snow depths, winching expected, special equipment required. 33 tires required. 25 vehicle limit". If you attend I will see you Saturday AM when you come through the breakfast line, we are cooking breakfast for everyone (last year about 475 people). You can probably get on the run with us if you want to. If not we will see you Saturday night at the raffle! Here is the list or runs:

Night Run Friday Departs Friday night after dinner. Moderately difficult run, with icy conditions expected. 30 vehicle limit.

Historical Tour Saturday Tour of area historical sites. Open to all 4 wheel drive vehicles. 25 vehicle limit.

SUV Run Saturday Tour of area mining related sites. Open to all 4 wheel drive vehicles. 25 vehicle limit.

Blizzard Brigade Saturday Moderately deep snow. High clearance vehicle with 31 tires recommended. 30 vehicle limit.

Glacier Assault Saturday Moderately deep snow. High clearance vehicle with 31 tires recommended. 30 vehicle limit.

Tundra Trek Saturday Moderately deep snow. High clearance vehicle with 31 tires recommended. 30 vehicle limit.

Avalanche Express Saturday Unlimited snow depths, winching expected, special equipment required. 33 tires required. 25 vehicle limit.

Klondike Express Saturday Unlimited snow depths, winching expected, special equipment required. 33 tires required. 25 vehicle limit.

Siberian Express Saturday Unlimited snow depths, winching expected, special equipment required. 33 tires required. 25 vehicle limit.

Frostbite Extreme Saturday Unlimited snow depths, winching expected, special equipment required. Lockers front & rear (no limited slips) and 35 tires required. 20 vehicles

SUV Run Sunday Light snow expected. 25 vehicle limit.

Snowflake Sunday Sunday trip on Snowflake trail. Moderate snow. 30 vehicle limit.

Iceberg Sunday Moderately hard run in unlimited snow depths. 32 tires required and must air down. 25 vehicle limit.

UncleChris
01-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the info TRD4Me.

I signed up for the Blizzard Brigade and the snowflake on Sunday. Although from talking to Pat it sounds like there is not much snow, so everything might be down a notch in difficulty.

I am unable to get up there in time for the Friday night run.

Hope to hook up with you there!

01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the info TRD4Me.

I signed up for the Blizzard Brigade and the snowflake on Sunday. Although from talking to Pat it sounds like there is not much snow, so everything might be down a notch in difficulty.

I am unable to get up there in time for the Friday night run.

Hope to hook up with you there!

Dont know if you wanted to get on the run with us or not, did they tell you it was full? You should have no problem finding us Saturday evening at the dinner / raffle.

tacd44
01-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Sorry but the details on their site dont say much. What is this? a run??????

It's a Cal4 run hosted by Grass Valley 4 Wheelers. It's based out of the fairgrounds in Grass Valley. There are run on Friday night, Sat, and Sunday. from SUV to 35" & winch requirement. Then a raffle and other BS on Sat night.

UncleChris
01-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Dont know if you wanted to get on the run with us or not, did they tell you it was full? You should have no problem finding us Saturday evening at the dinner / raffle.

It sounded like all the runs had openings, but my truck is currently pretty stock so I wussed on the extreme trails and went with a more moderate run.

I'll be registering on Fruday night, so I can talk to them a little bit more about trail conditions and difficulties.

If I don't go the avalanche route, I will hook up with you guys on Saturday evening.