: Anyone Near Jax/Middleburg

Marshytaco
01-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey guys.
I'm a member of the GA TTORA and I could really use some help from some TTORA members in the above area.
I bought a transmission from a guy in Middleburg, FL and at this point I do not want to put up the man's name or his company's name, but I will if it gets to that point.
Well, I paid the guy with a cashiers check for a 700R4 for my project trail rig and it should have been here early last week, and it's not.
The guy even told me that he was going to drive all the way to Atlanta last night to deliver the part. Well, now he will not answer my phone calls and I have a call into the Clay County Sheriff's Office for a deputy to call me back and tell me what steps I need to take to get my part or my money back.
If anyone is in this area and could possibly do some snooping around for me on this guy, I would really appreciate it.
Please PM if you are in this area and could check up on this guy for me, easily.
Thanks a ton, everyone and I hope that I don't have to drive down to JAX this weekend to get what I have paid for.
Marshall

85sfarunner
01-11-2006, 09:59 AM
I know the Jax crew will help you out, you should get a PM soon.

usmcracing
01-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Man I live in JAX and I've been ripped off buy a guy for some SAS parts and I can't get the local WA-TTORA guys to help me in the way I want. So give me his address and I'll go over there with another friend and either get your trans or money back. PM me or call me 904 349 5935

Steven

Marshytaco
01-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Everyone, thanks so much for your offers for support. After leaving a message with this guy that I have already contacted the Clay County Sheriff's office he finally called me back and gave me a huge line of BS. Anyway, I am awaiting a call from a deputy to file my complainant and the man has finally called me and told me that he has had problems with Yellow Truck Freight and that he is no longer using them and that he will get back to me this evening with either another way to ship it or with my money. If I do not get a phone call this evening, I will take you up on your offers.
Thanks again everyone!
Marshall

usmcracing
01-11-2006, 12:20 PM
I wish mine would turn out like that. The seller seems to drop off the face the earth.

Steven

Mikeyk280
01-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Sounds like we need to have a lynching... there's about 6-8 of us in Jax that could head on over there... On a serious note if you need someone to go get it and hang on to it for a little bit and you just drive down and get it let me know. Or maybe we could pick it up and you pay us to ship it or something??? I have access to pallets, shipping stuff, ect... any company could pick it up from my stores loading dock? Let us know what you want to do!!! Maybe even meet you half way for some gas $$$ or something?

Mike

Marshytaco
01-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks again for everyone's willingness to help. Now, the guy is telling me he will be here tomorrow with my transmission. He told me I would get a call from him between 9-10AM and I told him if I do not, then the Sheriff's office will know about this and at that point, there will be no turning back or trying to make this any better. My patience has worn thin, and I made it crystal clear that this is his LAST chance to get me this part. I will post back tomorrow and let everyone know what happens.
The guy was already crapping himself when he heard my message that I have already called the authorities, so I couldn't even imagine what would happen to him if 8 of yall showed up at his front door.
Thanks again guys, and I'll post up tomorrow morning about what is happening and then post something after that if I get the tranny or not.

And, if any of you guys need something done in Atlanta or surronding areas, please let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Regards,
Marshall

Iggy
01-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I wish mine would turn out like that. The seller seems to drop off the face the earth.

Steven

hehehe

sdtojax
01-26-2006, 11:12 PM
neptune beach here...

Marshytaco
02-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey guys, I need to revive this thread, this dead beat is clearly trying to rip me off, and I'm just not going to let that happen....if anyone could check up on this guy, please let me know.....PM me if you are willing to check into this a hole and see if this guy wants to do this the hard way or if he is going to give me what is rightfully mine, my MONEY!
Thanks! Please PM me if you are willing to help me out.
Marshall

Iggy
02-07-2006, 08:45 AM
so where does it stand at now? did he never show up giving florida a freeking bad rep

Iggy
02-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Man I live in JAX and I've been ripped off buy a guy for some SAS parts and I can't get the local WA-TTORA guys to help me in the way I want. So give me his address and I'll go over there with another friend and either get your trans or money back. PM me or call me 904 349 5935

Steven

Tell me ill go

bosco
02-07-2006, 10:20 AM
If nothing pans out let us know. We will head over to his shop and give him a choice of broken ankles or a tranny!

Marshytaco
02-07-2006, 01:15 PM
so where does it stand at now? did he never show up giving florida a freeking bad rep

He never showed and has since called me a couple of times telling me the money was in the mail, well, that has been like 3 weeks now, and I spoke with him on Friday and he told me the money order was getting over nighted that day, well, still no money....and now, his phone has been disconnected.
This guy clearly hasn't sent the money out, and now he discontinues his phone service. I don't really see why the guy would constantly lie to me, only buying himself a little time each time he did lie to me, but that's what he's doing.

Since I'm fed up, to the extreme and have given this guy every opportunity in the world to make this right, here is his info:

Robert Assad and his brother Mark Assad
Mud Mania or Rob's Mud Mania is the company name
3197 Mill Creek Road
Middleburg, FL 32068

This address is I think his home address, but I know he has a shop, but I do not know where it is....this guy is a real peice of work, he has constantly lied to me only to buy himself another 48 hours each time. I sent him an email letting him know that I was going to do what I had to, as well as left him a message on his cell phone yesterday, only to call it again, today, and find out that his service has been disconnected.

Please let me know if you all could possibly do anything for me.

I DO NOT want anyone to do anything that could possibly get anyone hurt or in trouble, all I want is my money. If a few people could go to his house and knock on his door and tell him that they are there representing me, I'm sure he would cave in and become scared as hell. If the guy now wants to give me my transmission, it's too damn late, I want my money back and be done with this guy.

Thanks again, everyone, I greatly appreciate your willingness to help me in this crummy situation.

Marshall

Mikeyk280
02-07-2006, 01:42 PM
That is out near Neil... maybe him and Bryan(bosco) could swing by... or someone call me and we'll go over there!!! I think between Neil, Bryan, Steven, & myself we can figure something out soon... I'll have time this weekend if anyone wants to ride over???

Mike

Marshytaco
02-07-2006, 02:07 PM
I'd appreciate it guys, I'm going to give Steven a call this evening to speak with him.
I hate that it has come to this, but I can't tell you how much this means to me for you all to be willing to help someone out that you have never met.
Thanks again!
Marshall

Neil426
02-07-2006, 02:25 PM
I'll drive by in a little bit to see what I can see. If he does not have dogs I'll knock on the door.

91toyota4x4
02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
hey if you do end up getting the tranny or money and need someone to transport it to ATL my mom will be down here in a week or 2 and can bring the stuff up to you.

Neil426
02-07-2006, 03:06 PM
I think you've lost your money. Let me describe the trailer to you. Crap brown early 80's single wide. The lot looks as if nothing has been done to it since it was cleared....5years ago. There was a beaten up grey Dodge avenger in the Drive way. I doubt this is your guy's address.

If this guy represented himself as a business owner why not put a lein against him. Could be the best $25.00 you ever spent.

I didn't knock on the door because it looked like the kind of place that I would have been greeted with a gun.

So if someone wants to go over there with me...???

Neil

Neil426
02-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Just did a corprate and ficticious name search and came up with nothing on mud mania

bosco
02-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I will go over there with you but I cant until friday afternoon. I know mike wants to as well. We will see what we can get going. Later.

Bryan

Iggy
02-07-2006, 04:04 PM
well we might as well start the hunt
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=3197+Mill+Creek+Road&csz=Middleburg%2C+FL+32068&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

question is where did u find him to start with? That might be a good place to look
called a friend of mine who works for bellsouth there is only one person in jacksonville with lastname Assad and in florida there is a Rober F Assad in Port Saint Lucie and only person in jacksonville with last name of assad is Bruce Assad (4315 Windergate Dr Jacksonville, FL (904) 262-3844)

Mikeyk280
02-07-2006, 06:45 PM
how did you find this guy??? ebay? pirate4x4? Looks like we might have to do a little investigative work... :O)

Marshytaco
02-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Everyone, thanks for your help. I found the guy on Craigslist, and I guess that was my first mistake (yes, I'm kicking myself).
But, I received a phone call late last night from the man's brother, Mark, who I have spoken to before, and he tells me that his brother is DEAD. That he died yesterday or something like that. Now, I sincerely hope for the best for this guy and his family, but at this point, nothing they have told me as proven to be true, so I'm apprehensive about this to say the least.

His brother told me that he would be contacting me, today, early this afternoon, and would be wiring me the money.

We shall see if this happens or not, but I am not holding my breath.

If this is indeed the case, I will let everyone know and have a moderator delete this post.

I will be back in touch with everyone ASAP, hopefully with good news.

Thanks again to everyone for your willingness to help!

Marshall

P.S.-I searched everywhere I knew to search to find an obituary and I could not find anything about this man's death. Who knows?

Willy Mammoth
02-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Just my two cents.

1st of all Who cancels there phone befor they up and die?

2nd, why would his brother all of a suden contact you the day after he dies to let you know you will get your money?

That's it, I just thought this was a little far out there.

Good luck, but I'm not holding my breath eaither.

Marshytaco
02-09-2006, 08:59 AM
No response out of this man or his brother at this point. I'm going to check the Western Union I told him to send the money to on my lunch break, today. Via the internet, I was able to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and I had a Sgt. with the policy department in GA call me and I have to speak with him this afternoon to see what furhter actions I must/may take on this individual.
We shall see and I'll keep updating this thread as things pan out.
Thanks again!

Marshytaco
02-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Well, the crap keeps getting laid on thicker and thicker as this progresses. I spoke to him this morning and he tells me that he sent the money, which I could not find when I went to Western Union, and that he is going to call me this morning once he finds out where it went and get it to the proper location.
This guy is so full of it, but now that the authorities are after him, I'm hoping he will send the money, or his ass is going to jail.
Thanks again and I'll let everyone know what happens.

Marshytaco
02-10-2006, 09:48 AM
The saga continues....this guy told me that I will have my money within the hour. We shall see if this holds true or not as nothing the guy has told me has been true to this point.
I will post up in a couple of hours to let everyone know if I get my money or not.
Thanks!
Marshall

usmcracing
02-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Atleast you have someone to talk to about it. The guy in Wa that screwed me droped off the face of the planet. Hope you get your $$$ back.

Steven

Willy Mammoth
02-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Can you get a trace on his number?

Did you mail him anything? Money, order form? If you did it might be a federal crime (mail fraud) you can go to a federal f%*# me up the @$$ prison.

But you will need details and proof.

Do you have any mob connections?

May need to send Lefty after him.

bosco
02-10-2006, 05:02 PM

Did you mail him anything? Money, order form? If you did it might be a federal crime (mail fraud) you can go to a federal f%*# me up the @$$ prison.

:rofl:

Iggy
02-10-2006, 10:40 PM

lol mob connection

Marshytaco
02-14-2006, 08:15 AM
I am in the process of doing just that as well as taking him to small claims court to put a lein on his business and personal assests.
Thanks for everyone's help, but it look like he wants to do this the hard way.
What a worthless sack of garbage!

Mikeyk280
02-14-2006, 01:10 PM
so he didn't "die" like his brother said??? What did the Clay county sherriff's office say? what are the phone #'s you reach them at? Google them and get the address for them if you can... might be different than the trailer dump Neil went to...

Marshytaco
02-14-2006, 02:19 PM
No he's not DEAD, at least I don't think he is. But, we're going to name both he and his brother in the lawsuit as they have both been involved in this lie!
Clay County Sherrif's office was WORTHLESS. All they did was basically tell me to go pound sound. Here in Cobb County GA, I had a Sgt. with the police department contact me and he told me that if this guy lived in GA, he would be in jail already. But, unfortunate for me, FL does not treat internet crime/fraud as harshly as GA and Cobb County.

bosco
02-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Thats Fl sherrifs for ya. 98% if them are A holes!!!

usmcracing
02-15-2006, 05:47 AM
Yeah FL is a screwed up place for anything.

So far the Wa ploice seem to be willing for help find Jeff for me. Good Luck

Steven

thetrd4x4yota
04-26-2006, 06:40 PM
I'll stop by with my 12 gauge if you want haha