TTORA Forum banner

Free Used Rotors

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  toytacoma 
#1 ·
Used rotors, free to good home.

I replaced the stock rotors on my truck last weekend (2000 3.4L 4wd Tacoma) with some Brembo blanks. I figured I was probably due for some new rotors (at 75k), so I just bought the new ones instead of investigating whether the old ones could be turned.

I put the new and old rotors side by side, and to my surprise the stock one w/ 75k miles was nearly as thick as the new one. To make a long story short, I'm no expert but I think that my old rotors are probably reusable, once turned.

I don't want to store them, however, so anyone who is willing to come pick them up (or pre-pay for shipping) can have them. I live in midtown ATL. Post here or e-mail me if interested: rjfowler -- at -- gmail -- dot -- com.

#2 ·
gburdell said:
Used rotors, free to good home.

I replaced the stock rotors on my truck last weekend (2000 3.4L 4wd Tacoma) with some Brembo blanks. I figured I was probably due for some new rotors (at 75k), so I just bought the new ones instead of investigating whether the old ones could be turned.

I put the new and old rotors side by side, and to my surprise the stock one w/ 75k miles was nearly as thick as the new one. To make a long story short, I'm no expert but I think that my old rotors are probably reusable, once turned.

I don't want to store them, however, so anyone who is willing to come pick them up (or pre-pay for shipping) can have them. I live in midtown ATL. Post here or e-mail me if interested: rjfowler -- at -- gmail -- dot -- com.
Could you find out how much would be for shipping them to 90813 business address. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.