: WTB OME Lift Stuff for DCAB!

mitchjw
01-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Looking for some stuff to lift the Dcab. I would love it if someone wanted to part with some 882's, a diff drop, and something for the rear... I don't know if anyone has stuff lying around or not... Let me know what you've got!

DriftinCO
01-19-2006, 07:53 PM
882s are the way to go with a dcab. If you go with 881s you will end up putting in spacers to keep the truck setting even close to level. A diff drop from Toytech is inexpensive and very easy to install. Maybe 15 minutes if that much.

At a minimum, with the 882s up front, you will want an AAL on the rear leaf springs. That's really cheap, maybe $30 for the set. Unless someone has a set of leaf springs in their garage with the AAL already installed....it takes a tad bit of work to install the AAL. (hint: I have a set of such leaf springs in my garage)

Even if you had to buy the whole set up new, it would run(estimate):

$135 for 882s plus shipping
$40 to have them mounted onto the struts
$30 for AAL
$20 for case of beer to pay the help

The OME leaf springs (5 leafs instead of the stock 3) are $450 for the pair.

mitchjw
01-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Question: am I going to have to change the shocks or can I use the ones that I have on there now. I'm actually happy with the ride, but don't I have to change them out?

tacotoy
01-19-2006, 09:57 PM
i would change the shocks. you are in there pulling it all apart. it would be better to put in all new struts than to have new coils with older shocks. that and when you lift the rear your shocks will actually be too short

mitchjw
01-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think I did 881's on my xcab with the stiff shocks, and it was good, so maybe I can hunt down some 882's and the stiff shock for the front and go with Brian's rear leafs until I can spring for the the OME leaf pack...

tacotoy
01-19-2006, 11:41 PM
if youre going to put that much money towards springs you might as well spend the money on a set of alcan leafs. you can get them ordered to just about any specification for about the same amount of money

DriftinCO
01-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Check with Toytech before going anywhere else for this stuff.

I did a quick search on the National forum and there are no used 882s available right now.

the 882s will fit over the stock shocks. Rich's idea is spot on, although it depends on whether you want to spend the money now or later and how much.

There are advantages to each.

dd02trd
01-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Mitch,

I have put tons of $$$ into my doublecab and am looking to sell parts and then sell it. Maybe we can work something out if you want to. I own it clear and free and it is completely built, engine and lift. Let me know if you are interested. Email me at j757driver@comcast.net

DriftinCO
02-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Did you get all the parts yet?

mitchjw
02-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Hey there... Yup, all done. 3" total (or thereabouts)..

881's, spacers, diff drop, struts/shocks, and Alcan AAL for the rear....

BPV done and all is well... Time to WHEEL....

DriftinCO
02-09-2006, 09:43 PM
i wanna see i wanna see