: 2500 GMC stuck in an underground stream!

gsurfTaco
01-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Last weekend I was up at my girlfriends cabin up near Scranton, PA. Got there around 12 at night drank for an hour or so and went out wheelin. They have 14 acres of land so there's plenty to do out there. At around 2 or 3am I took my taco down a pretty steep hill and made it out with no problem, came back up grabbed a few people and went down even further. Again made it back up with no problem. So my buddy grabbed his Montero and immediately got stuck at the bottom. So after an hour or so we just went and grabbed my other buddies. $45,000 2500 diesel GMC to pull him out.(which had no intentions of wheeling) This turned into the worst decision ever...He drove down to the bottom to turn around and sunk right in to an underground stream. It didn't help that it was about 50 degrees and raining so we were sinking up to our knees in mud.

We left the truck at the bottom of the hill over night and returned in the morning on to really see how stuck the truck really was. Now it started to snow quick and our only choice of getting it out was to go further down the hill over a small running stream with a rock bed. We had to cut down trees branches to get through without scratching it. Haha, and the best part was if we even got the thing down the rocks we had to drive over some hicks land. So we walked up to the guys house to beg him to let us drive across the land, but he was really cool about it. (Even though he looked like Ted Nugent and had a huge NO TRESPASSING sign on his door and 2 huge dogs chained up in the back...

Long story short...we got it out after about 12 hours and experienced weather from 50 and warm to sleet to snow. Here are some pics.

SAR_Squid79
01-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Funny pics. When will people learn about those damned heavy trucks?
Why didn't you try to pull him out with the Tacoma?

04RedLobster
01-21-2006, 03:01 PM
well..i'm not suprised...drinking and wheeling...oh boy...

gsurfTaco
01-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah, we really weren't drunk, just had a few. Not like we were blitzed or anything. Those drinking pictures were after we got it out...a little celebration if you will...

04RedLobster
01-22-2006, 12:05 AM
oh well..just saying..it's illegal....
and people do stupid shiet when they are drunk..especially when they are wheeling..

gsurfTaco
01-22-2006, 12:15 PM
oh well..just saying..it's illegal....
and people do stupid shiet when they are drunk..especially when they are wheeling..

Right, thanks captain obvious, but your completely missing the point of the story. I'll say it again, WE WERE NOT DRUNK! Drinking had nothing to do with the story or the fact that my TACOMA showed up two other trucks. I can't stand this board because people here tend to pick out one line of a posting and completely go off on a tangent about it. Farewell all, I'm out, I can't stand this board anymore.

ohio03trdtaco
01-22-2006, 01:11 PM
In your first post you said you had been drinking for an hour or so then went wheeling. I would say it would be safe to assume that an hour or so of drinking meanís more than a couple of beers. I can understand why people would think alcohol had something to do with this. Your Tacoma is also like half the weight of a 2500 crew cab Chevy, and it is on wider tires so that would explain why he went to his axles and you floated over the mud. NEVER DRINK THEN WHEEL, ALWAYS WHEEL THEN DRINK

gsurfTaco
01-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Not that it matters anymore, but to be clear...After 4 hours of driving to the mountains having a beer or two, hanging out with friends, eating some dinner and going out to have some fun caused my buddies truck to get stuck at the bottom of a hill in an underground stream in complete darkness in the middle of nowhere? Considering you weren't there I'm going to have to say no. I agree it was stupid, but considering we all had maybe 2 beers tops which is not illegal, and especially not up there I'll say again, this had nothing to do with drinking so get past that. The point of the story was to share a few photos with you guys and a few of you actually saw the humor in it, and some others read the first two lines and jumped to conclusions. My friends and I are still laughing about this so I really don't care what you guys think about the story or your responses that's why I removed the link to the photos.

The Montero just simply could not make it up the hill with the muddy conditions and steep incline so considering it was around 4AM and we all wanted to sleep we figured, hey lets just grab the GMC and be done with this. The driver of the GMC went to the bottom of the hill to turn around and got stuck. End of story. I don't see how alcohol caused that...

I'm a firm believer of not drinking and driving so don't get me wrong that's not why I am angry. It's just that some of the people on this boards are so ignorant it annoys me. Hence why I will no longer be reading or posting here.

ohio03trdtaco
01-22-2006, 06:56 PM
2 beers isnít that bad, but the way you had it worded it could had been taken as more than a few type thing. I am guessing your buddy found out not to take his truck on soft ground. I did get a chance to see the pictures before you killed them. That kind of stuck is close to needing a dozer to get you out. I imagine you all were pretty tired after digging that thing out.

04RedLobster
01-22-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm a firm believer of not drinking and driving so don't get me wrong that's not why I am angry. It's just that some of the people on this boards are so ignorant it annoys me. Hence why I will no longer be reading or posting here.

maybe you should read my post...
i said people do stupid shiet when they are drunk...never said anything about you being drunk....

CYi5
01-22-2006, 09:56 PM
where are the pics?

Enzogfx
01-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Dunno but it was a good story eh?! :D

HillBilly_Young01
01-22-2006, 11:03 PM
So, can you post some pics back up?

Fernslinger
01-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Right, thanks captain obvious, but your completely missing the point of the story. I'll say it again, WE WERE NOT DRUNK! Drinking had nothing to do with the story or the fact that my TACOMA showed up two other trucks. I can't stand this board because people here tend to pick out one line of a posting and completely go off on a tangent about it. Farewell all, I'm out, I can't stand this board anymore.

Bye bye! Enjoy Custom Tacos!

jester_motorsports
01-23-2006, 01:47 PM
I can't stand this board because people here tend to pick out one line of a posting and completely go off on a tangent about it. Farewell all, I'm out, I can't stand this board anymore.

Not that it matters but....this could have all been avoided if you would have just completely left out the part about drinking altogether. If you're as educated as you say about the board, then you should have realized this. The story would have been the same with or without the mention of alcohol being consumed. Just thought I'd clue you in on that.

Farewell.