: will swamper ssr's 265/70/16 fit stolk taco? They run big

05TRDTaco
01-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Well im looking for a new set of tires for my 05 Taco and having a hard tim finding a tire with maximum grip in off road conditions in the stolk size. BUt after searching I found the Super swamper SSR radials they are the same size but after looking at all the dementions they run bigger that they are listed on the side wall. They run 31.5 inches tall and 9.0 inches wide. I know the stolk tires are something like 30.4-30.6 tall so I was wondering if they would fit on my truck. I figure if they fit on the previous tacomas they will fit on the new one.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

-Chris

hytenor
01-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Well im looking for a new set of tires for my 05 Taco and having a hard tim finding a tire with maximum grip in off road conditions in the stolk size. BUt after searching I found the Super swamper SSR radials they are the same size but after looking at all the dementions they run bigger that they are listed on the side wall. They run 31.5 inches tall and 9.0 inches wide. I know the stolk tires are something like 30.4-30.6 tall so I was wondering if they would fit on my truck. I figure if they fit on the previous tacomas they will fit on the new one.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

-Chris
try one on the front ;)

they should fit fine. you might rub on rare occasions but it won't be a big deal.
It will probably be like running a small 265/75/16 Procomp

besides, from what I read from some of Donahoe's posts on the '05 they have better clearance than the earlier generation Tacos.

try some on and let us know ;)

05TRDTaco
01-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Ya I guess I could try them I just hope they fit or im gona be out some dinero till I get the DR kit when its finaly released for the 05. More clearance that previous models huh I might have to give DR a call and have a word about that with them and find out thanks for the info.

keep the comments comming

thanks
-chris

hytenor
01-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Ya I guess I could try them I just hope they fit or im gona be out some dinero till I get the DR kit when its finaly released for the 05. More clearance that previous models huh I might have to give DR a call and have a word about that with them and find out thanks for the info.

keep the comments comming

thanks
-chris

tire stores will let you 'try one on' so just fine a shop that carries that tire ;)

check with Wyatt or Demello too on the '05 specs since they did a lot of the work on building the Tough Truckin' rig.