: Rear light bar?

Anthony Sordi
01-25-2006, 02:51 AM
Well have a bit of a problem. Do a fair amount of night wheeling and arround here every one else drives old school chevys with huge amounts of lift exc. So if i meet one head on in a tight trail rule is smaller truck has to back up. Recent experiences I got a pal to sit in the box with a spot light but I still hit a tree and wrecked my last bumper. So i was wondering if anyone has made a rear light bar i was thinkin like a towel rack on the tail gate. Going to have the truck painted through insurance in a few months so i thought if i welded a towel rack kinda bar on the tail gate and had it painted with the truck it may look hald decent and would solve my problem just hang 2 baja lights from it. Anyone done this or have a better idea? i want to keep stock bumper and hanging lights below the bumper wont work they will get busted off.

pullnshoot25
01-26-2006, 01:16 PM
how about putting on 2 rectangular KC hi-lites (sp?) on the rear end? My brother did that to his tacoma and it is really functional.

Or, maybe a roll bar with 2 lights facing forward and 2 lights facing backwards? Just an idea.

Hunter-Va
01-26-2006, 01:23 PM
why not flush mount them in your bumper, better yet use some driving lights and wire them to a switch that allows them to be off when in reverse, on in reverse, and then on while not in reverse.

Hunter

Intrepid
01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Sounds like a simple bed bar would do the trick, just mount it near the back of the bed. Either that or get a couple smaller lights and mount them on the outer edges of the bumper.

pullnshoot25
01-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Hunter-Va stole the words that I meant to say. I forgot to mention the manual switch for that... my brother put that on his truck as well.

wrooster
01-26-2006, 09:54 PM
why not flush mount them in your bumper, better yet use some driving lights and wire them to a switch that allows them to be off when in reverse, on in reverse, and then on while not in reverse.
+1.

for the wiring details, see
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21166

jim aka the wrooster

enroffroad
01-27-2006, 09:21 PM
may not be exactly what your looking for but we offer a foldable lightbar, there's more information under the sponser products page