TTORA Forum banner

Anybody gotta a spare LC gas cap?

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Dick Foster 
#1 ·
I went to three of four auto parts stores today trying to find a simple gas cap for my 65 and none of them carried one large enough. There were none listed in their catalogs either. The fill spout opening is about 1 3/4" diameter and it has two tangs. The one I have on there now it too small so it flops around on the end of the fill tube there like a prick in a shirt sleeve.

#7 ·
Iv'e just now gotten it squared away and driveable enough for the EFI kit. I can't wait to get that QuadraJunk off of there. I'm gonna hold off messing with it until I get the front axle in the truck squared away so I'll have something to drive should it come down to it. I wanna get the front axle and line locks done on the truck in time for AZ rocks. Juggling around the limited space is a real pain in the ass.
Oh yeah, I pulled jury duty too. I gotta call in this weekend so maybe I'll get a pass but I don't think so because I've managed to squirm out of it for all the years I've lived here so far. I know they've got my name on some kind of short list or something by now.

#10 ·
No the stuff is finally on the way. I had to jump in their shit to get it done but it's all finally on the way. They had to ship a new locker, new R&P with master install kit and a check to have it all installed.
Yeah on the home/garage/shop but not anywhere in the PRC, that's for damn sure. This state or rather the government and most of the people in it are friggin jackoff fucktards. Without most of the ass holes that are in it, it would be a great place.

#11 ·
I'll find one sooner or later. CCOT has them for 10 bucks but I was hoping to find a locking cap somewhere. Trouble is they didn't have them back then because no one needed one. People wern't as fucked up as they are today and gas to too cheap to bother stealing anyway. Back in 65 I think it was about 20 cents a gallon. With a 15 gallon tank you had all of about 3 bucks worth in a full tank or close to what one gallon costs today. Of course $3 bought a lot more then in most things but even adjusted for inflation oil was running about $14.46 a barrel back then. Plus when you went for a fill up, they pumped the gas, checked your oil, cleaned your windshield and gave you a dish, some trading stamps or something or other. Now you pump your own and if you're lucky you don't have haul your ass inside for them to run your card or take your money because the card reader on their pump is fucked up. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.