: Seafoam and BG44?

Icepuck72
12-05-2004, 06:02 PM
If I use the Seafoam stuff through my PCV...can I go ahead and use BG44 in my gas tank?

Bryanccfshr
12-05-2004, 08:45 PM
As long as you change your oil soon. Those products are hell on the crankcase oil but do clean well as far as cleaning what they go through. I have been using a product called lube control and fuel power to keep my fuel sytem clean as well as to keep the oil system clean. I have only been using 2-3 motnths but my oil is staying fresher and my exhust is actually taken on a different odor. This is a gentler way of keeping stuff clean. I am quite the anti additive typ too.. wierd. http://www.lubecontrol.com/lube.htm

Icepuck72
12-06-2004, 07:10 AM
Thank you sir....

camaddy
12-06-2004, 08:25 AM
That stuff looks like it's worth a try. Have you extended you OC intervals while using the Lube Control? I'm a little skeptical about the 10,000 mile suggestion.

Also- I have been using a bottle of Techron and a treatment of Lucas Upper Cylinder Lube right before oil changes...I wonder if the Fuel Power is similar. Do you use the FP in every tank or just before oil changes?

Thanks,
Craig

Icepuck72
12-06-2004, 09:23 AM
As long as you change your oil soon. Those products are hell on the crankcase oil but do clean well as far as cleaning what they go through. I have been using a product called lube control and fuel power to keep my fuel sytem clean as well as to keep the oil system clean. I have only been using 2-3 motnths but my oil is staying fresher and my exhust is actually taken on a different odor. This is a gentler way of keeping stuff clean. I am quite the anti additive typ too.. wierd. http://www.lubecontrol.com/lube.htm

One more thing Bryan...did you put your Seafoam directly into your crankcase as well run it through the PCV?

Bryanccfshr
12-06-2004, 09:51 AM
That stuff looks like it's worth a try. Have you extended you OC intervals while using the Lube Control? I'm a little skeptical about the 10,000 mile suggestion.

Also- I have been using a bottle of Techron and a treatment of Lucas Upper Cylinder Lube right before oil changes...I wonder if the Fuel Power is similar. Do you use the FP in every tank or just before oil changes?

Thanks,
Craig

I use the FP at a rate of 1 oz per 5 gallons with every tank. instead of letting any gunk of varnish build up a light does keeps the fuel system clean without aggressive use of other chemicals, the ingridients work in concert with the LC in the crankcase to keep the rings clean.. it is really touted on BITOG.

It takes me more than 6 months to drive 3k miles. I won't extend My OCI with the severe use and long sits that the oil is subject too but I believe the LC keeps the insolubles in suspension and provides some mild cleaning.

I have no personal Iperical evidence since this is the first OCI with it. My fuel mileage did increase about 1 mpg with the combination however.

Bryanccfshr
12-06-2004, 09:53 AM
One more thing Bryan...did you put your Seafoam directly into your crankcase as well run it through the PCV?

Both. 1/3 can in the crankcase one beach trip(150 miles) before the PCV intake treatment. Dumped it imediately after the intake treatment. Did not use any in my fuel system.

Icepuck72
12-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Both. 1/3 can in the crankcase one beach trip(150 miles) before the PCV intake treatment. Dumped it imediately after the intake treatment. Did not use any in my fuel system.

Well, then I don't see the need for the BG44 if you can put the SF in the crankcase and through the intake....I think those treatments should be enough....

BLT2RCKTRD
12-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Can you put seafoam in your gas tank as well?

tmacie
12-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Yes you can.

Travis

DakotaTacoma
12-17-2004, 03:37 PM

How soon should the oil be changed after adding SF?
I only have 1,500 miles on my oil right now and don't want to add the SF if I have to change the oil right away.....As I drive only 100 miles per week, I still have a lot of time left on the current batch of oil.

In addition, how do you keep the engine from stalling after pulling the vacumm line to be suck the SF into through the PCV valve? Can you just pour 1/3 can into the PCV valve hole, reattach the vacuum line, and then turn the truck on for a minute to circulate the SF????

Thanks

Bryanccfshr
12-17-2004, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't it run it in the crankcase personally again..there are better more gentle and more effective products..if you must use it I would only run it 100-200 miles, enought to get the motor oil up to temperature for a sustained perion and then dump it.

As for the intake I useed a pray bottle and sprayed into a tube. you have to spray like mad to kill the engine.

If you really want to clean up potential sludge and varnish I recomend a product I haven't even tried. AutoRX. http://www.auto-rx.com/ That will do the trick. Seafoam is good in the intake and as a rough cleaner of the fuel system..but I don't like the idea of putting severe solvents into my lubricating oil. :eek:

BLT2RCKTRD
12-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Yes you can.

Travis
Does it seem to work pretty well? Do you use the whole bottle? :confused: