: Window rattle!!! How do i stop it??

Razor1616
02-07-2006, 05:38 PM
I have been looking for a while now (almost 3 hours), to find an answer and i cant.

My driver's side window rattles like crazy when it is all the way up on my '02 ex cab. I have tried tighting everything. I have taken the door panel off to see what the problem is.... Still it rattles. DRIVING ME NUTZ. I roll the window down just a hair, and it stops rattling for the most part.

Thanks for the help.

~Nathan

hk'dontoys
02-07-2006, 07:19 PM
I have been looking for a while now (almost 3 hours), to find an answer and i cant.

My driver's side window rattles like crazy when it is all the way up on my '02 ex cab. I have tried tighting everything. I have taken the door panel off to see what the problem is.... Still it rattles. DRIVING ME NUTZ. I roll the window down just a hair, and it stops rattling for the most part.

Thanks for the help.

~Nathan
i dont know if this helps your problem, but worked on mine. i had a rattle as i put the window up and down. bothered the crap out of me. the bolt on the side of the door was loose that holds the track. i removed the panel and at certain points during travel bolts line up in the access holes. one of mine was so loose it was ready to fall out, the other just a little loose. tightened every bolt i could see or find, sprayed everything down with lube, reinstalled and now its rattle free. checked all other doors too and some were a little loose but not like the driver door. go to search box and type "window rattle" and read some of the posts about it.

Razor1616
02-07-2006, 08:16 PM
I looked through all the posts that had to do with window rattling... and they all seemed to be about when the window was in travel or completly down... and everything that was said i have done... and still the rattling... I want to get a new door.

My window only rattles when it is all the way up.

hk'dontoys
02-08-2006, 02:48 PM
maybe try replacing the weather strip before you do the whole door.

Razor1616
02-08-2006, 03:20 PM
I thought about that, but it is comming from inside of the door.... I can push hard on the arm rest and it will stop, but it still does it when i hold the window. I am just goin to tear the door apart when the weather warms up, and i dont have to work.

elellilrah
02-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Fill it with insulating foam, that way it never rattles again. Seriously, you'll have to tear apart the door. I've got a rattle in my back door and have to hunt it down and kill it.