: junkyard spare parts

Big-A
02-16-2006, 10:26 AM
I am wanting spare parts for my truck and started thinking about tie rod and drag link ends,what is a good year make and model from a vehicle to get used tre's and dre's from at PickNPull? I know the best thing would be just to purchase new ones from PartsMike or whoever but I am looking for alternatives right now due to a slight temporary financial situation at hand.

also what things have you guys collected from PickNPull or any junkyard that would be good spares,or something cool to slap on the truck like some curb feelers or something :rolleyes: ??

ModestoALEX
02-16-2006, 10:47 AM
i know its a haul but in modesto ive had preety good luck at the wrecking yards in town. if you find what your looking for i can call around for you. the ones i know are good here are:
oakdale autowreckers
waterford salvage
and i dont know the names but there are a ton of yards on crowslanding road in modesto.

AngryAndy
02-16-2006, 07:30 PM
I recently did my ball joints, and kept a decent upper and lower and threw it in my spare parts box....I don't have any TRE's yet, but I think I will just get new ones, like you don't wanna do....Every time I am at pick and pull in oakland, I NEVER see anything worth getting, NO jeeps, No Fords.....hell not even any 22re stuff for my runner....I think the only decent pick and pull around here is Stockton.

When I got my axle (in stockton), I found a pair of spare shafts, and still have not fawked with them, since I upgraded to CTM's and yukons, i now have my original stocker shafts as spares.

I will be putting up a pair of spare waggy shafts for sale very soon. I have both shafts and new spicer u-joints, not assembled...dont know if you need axle shafts or not.

Big-A
02-16-2006, 08:07 PM
I recently did my ball joints, and kept a decent upper and lower and threw it in my spare parts box....I don't have any TRE's yet, but I think I will just get new ones, like you don't wanna do....Every time I am at pick and pull in oakland, I NEVER see anything worth getting, NO jeeps, No Fords.....hell not even any 22re stuff for my runner....I think the only decent pick and pull around here is Stockton.

When I got my axle (in stockton), I found a pair of spare shafts, and still have not fawked with them, since I upgraded to CTM's and yukons, i now have my original stocker shafts as spares.

I will be putting up a pair of spare waggy shafts for sale very soon. I have both shafts and new spicer u-joints, not assembled...dont know if you need axle shafts or not.

Thanks for the heads up....I guess I will save myself a trip looking for spare parts and just use my credit card for the spare tr's and dre's....hell and a new pitman arm while I am at it :)

How much will you be asking for the stock shafts and new U's?

PappaF2
02-16-2006, 08:39 PM
just go to autozone or kragen to buy some cheapie spare tierod ends. not to price plus some of them have lifetime warrenties :D

Big-A
02-17-2006, 07:25 PM
cool I will check them out thanks