: Opinions plz :)

Enzogfx
03-01-2006, 12:55 PM
I am about to buy some new wheels so i can fit my 33x12.5 under my truck insteead of the stock 16 rim- anywho here are the two im lookin at-
Eagle alloys 058 series
http://www.americaneaglewheel.com/images/categories/058_HD.jpg
or the Mickey Thompson Classic II
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/images/classicII.gif

Any of you have these or know pros or cons about them? thanks much :)

tacoma87
03-01-2006, 01:12 PM
i have always liked the look of the MTs but they are very similar looking. wish i could afford either one of them. i think you would be happy with either. i would say go with the one you can get a better deal on.

jon_7248
03-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Steelies!!!

:P

da'Burd
03-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Steelies!!!

:P

x2 :p

thebeast8888
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I am about to buy some new wheels so i can fit my 33x12.5 under my truck insteead of the stock 16 rim- anywho here are the two im lookin at-
Eagle alloys 058 series
http://www.americaneaglewheel.com/images/categories/058_HD.jpg
or the Mickey Thompson Classic II
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/images/classicII.gif

Any of you have these or know pros or cons about them? thanks much :)

i have the classicII's on mine and i love them

02tacotim
03-01-2006, 02:03 PM
While steelies have their benefits (bend a bead you just pound it out) they are much heavier and they easily come out of round with any hard offroading. Once that happens you'll never get them balanced. I would have to ask what are you gonna be doing with them? Mainly road or trail. If you spend more time at all on road then off I would go with aluminum. Much lighter they won't come out of round, and they look good. I myself run the MT's and when I step up to 37's I am going with aluminum TR beadlocks since it will become a mostly offroad truck and I want to keep as much weight off of it as I can. In this case they are basically the same wheel so as was stated earlier I would get whichever is the cheapest. Remember a lot of places will "beat their competitors" so call one place get their best price then call another and go back and forth until you have either pissed them off and they tell you to go to hell or give you the cheapest price. I have saved a bundle on a lot of parts by doing this. Good luck

Tim

wslytoy
03-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Personally I like the MT's better. They're both cast aluminum, so when they dull, they're a bitch to shine back to the original bling bling. They're both about the same price, so you can't really go wrong w/ either one as far as cost goes.

Enzogfx
03-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Sweet, thanks for all your input guys,
My truck is mostly going to be a DD and an occasional weekend wheeler, so i think ill probably go with the MT's. Thanks again for your opinions
-mike

TarHeels4Life
03-01-2006, 11:36 PM
I might be just stupid...but they look ridiculously similar...the only major difference that I can see is the brand name...so go with whichever is cheaper is what I would say.

RENEGADE76254
03-04-2006, 07:30 PM
i was at the local off road shop lookin at them 2 same rims the other day, the M/T have steel inserts pieces on stud holes. while none of the others brands did. the owner told me the cheaper brands had 2 or 3 isolated incidents where the bolts were over tight or something and they have cracked the rim, where with the inserts the metal is bent or cracked and cost only a few bucks 2 replace instead of buyin a rim. i see the steel insert as bein a great idea and a good innovation. others may know more about it but thats all the info i can offer. hope it helps

1DERWHEELS
03-06-2006, 11:57 PM
mickey thompsons seem like the holes are a tad larger which could mean faster heat dissipation and that would be my excuse for buying them.....ask me i'll tell ya :xbarf:

TarHeels4Life
03-07-2006, 02:00 AM
i was at the local off road shop lookin at them 2 same rims the other day, the M/T have steel inserts pieces on stud holes. while none of the others brands did. the owner told me the cheaper brands had 2 or 3 isolated incidents where the bolts were over tight or something and they have cracked the rim, where with the inserts the metal is bent or cracked and cost only a few bucks 2 replace instead of buyin a rim. i see the steel insert as bein a great idea and a good innovation. others may know more about it but thats all the info i can offer. hope it helps

well...there you go. btw...I see you're from NC, hope you're not a Duke fan ;)