: westin bull bar

adamgil
01-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I am thinking of ordering a Westin bull/light bar with a skid plate attached. just wondering if anyone has one or knows something about it so I can make up my mind. I am torn between getting just the bull bar or an entire brush guard for the lights and grill.

tercel89
01-21-2005, 07:48 AM
i would go with the ARB front bumper instead of a brush guard, i have seen more damage to the truck casued by a brush guard than protecting it . I seen one where the guard got pinned all up in the front fenders, hood , and grille . The ARB and alike bumpers tend to do better in preventing damage .They are just a bit heavy.Right now i am looking for a Aluminum ARB type front bumper to save on the weight.

hytenor
01-21-2005, 07:49 PM
i would go with the ARB front bumper instead of a brush guard, i have seen more damage to the truck casued by a brush guard than protecting it . I seen one where the guard got pinned all up in the front fenders, hood , and grille . The ARB and alike bumpers tend to do better in preventing damage .They are just a bit heavy.Right now i am looking for a Aluminum ARB type front bumper to save on the weight.

TJM has an aluminum bumper...for around $1600, LOL I think the ARB is the lightest winch bumper out there right now @ 70#.