TTORA Forum banner

Killer Deals on Laptops

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  CMB1998 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I was in the market for a laptop for school. My computer teacher informed me that I can get a dell laptop for 500 bucks, sale they are having.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...tured_dotw_inspn?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

150 bucks off, and if you look at thier other notebooks, 200-750 off, and get free shipping. Not bad!

I'm about to order the 600m. Hopefully this offer has helped others as much as it has helped me.

#5 ·
I have had a 600m for almost two years now. Great computer, w/ no complaints except the 64mb radeon card like to overheat a bit during high-end games.

Try to avoid the Celeron chip and get a Centrino.

#7 ·
CronusTRD said:
Try to avoid the Celeron chip and get a Centrino.
Avoid Celeron Yes.. Celeron is the Devil :xdevil:

Centrino is just the technology that allow the processor to speed up when in use.. and to slow down when not.. Just to converve battery power..

I got my model just before they came out with that.. So I have a P4 3.4 HT.. ha ha.. It's the shizz nit.. and has a 128 Video card on it.. Boo yaa.. :)

#8 ·
Animal2000 said:

Centrino is just the technology that allow the processor to speed up when in use.. and to slow down when not.. Just to converve battery power..

I got my model just before they came out with that.. So I have a P4 3.4 HT.. ha ha.. It's the shizz nit.. and has a 128 Video card on it.. Boo yaa.. :)
Completly wrong.

Animal2000 said:
The new family of the Celeron M Processors are far superior to the old Celerons. They are great CPU's. They are not going to work as well for gaming than a PM or a PD, but they are not the crap the celeron once was. The new Celeron M has a 1mb front cache, more then the early P4's.

Animal2000 said:
No that speedstep. Centrino is the chipset that connects the wireless network chipset to the intel chipset. Its also quite outdated. I would avoid Centrino.

Animal2000 said:
No you didnt. If you have a 3.4 P4 with HT then you have a chipset that came out well after the Centrino enabled Pentium M. ALso a 2ghz P-M will out perform your old P4, and give a much longer battery life for a laptop.

Later.

Chris

#9 ·
eh bla bla bla its just a laptop..... i got a fully loaded 6000 for 700.... but i also have a friend that works for dell lmao. bump for the b120/1200 though. they are great computers i just didn't like not having the integrated wireless. other than that it was awesome.

#11 ·
Just ordered mine. Just FYI, the offer ends on 4-13 at 11:59pm for free shipping, and the discount!

559 (after taxes are applied) Not bad!!!

-Philly

#12 ·
The company I work for assembles the Dell Computers...

I currently have a Dell Latitude C510/C610 that I have been using for about 4 yrs. and haven't had a problem with it once.

Marc M

#14 ·
5vzfe said:
you can always get a discount on dell laptops on techbargain.com I got 750 dollars off my 700m. :) So don't rush into buying it just because you see those prices now.
Just ordered mine. Just FYI, the offer ends on 4-13 at 11:59pm for free shipping, and the discount!

That was from my last post.

#15 ·
tacotoy said:
eh bla bla bla its just a laptop..... i got a fully loaded 6000 for 700.... but i also have a friend that works for dell lmao. bump for the b120/1200 though. they are great computers i just didn't like not having the integrated wireless. other than that it was awesome.
Hook us up then!

#16 ·
Enzogfx said:
Hook us up then!

lmao i already got his computer for the year..... and i got it from him last year too. he is married with a little kid so he would rather let me waste my money than his. i feel old as he graduated the same year i did....

but.... he did tell me that on the outlet side of their site they see quite a few notebooks go thru that are cancelled orders. the people that bought them had to pay a whatever cancellation charge so you save quite a bit on the notebook. you just have to deal somewhat with what it was selected with... and luckily enough they actually label the systems accordingly so you can search only for new in box systems or whatever

#17 ·
NorcalPR said:

That was from my last post.
on techbargains, can get either a big discount on shipping or free shipping on your items. I got my 700m for a little over 1300 with taxes and shipping, and the original price was a little over 2010 without taxes or shipping.

#21 ·
You can also check gotapex.com. I scored ~ $900 off the Dell I use at work with one of the discount codes posted. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.