TTORA Forum banner

Toyota Rag Joint / Steering Shaft

7K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  yogiaz 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I was just fucking around with the auction and made a bid for $15 for the shaft and he accepted within like 20 min
whoops

So, if you need one, do a best offer of 15 and save $5. As a thank you, you can then send me the $5, and I'll get drunk, on you!

#6 ·
Really... I did not know that. I thought they were allowed if you were just posting it for information.... not an add for trying to sell your own crap.

Yogi

Angry Andy said:
Nice find, Ronn....I moved this thread to hot deals, cause thats the only place ebay links are allowed.

#7 ·
yogiaz said:
Really... I did not know that. I thought they were allowed if you were just posting it for information.... not an add for trying to sell your own crap.

Yogi
I don't know WHY it's only allowed in the hot deals....but thats what the classified rules state....I would THINK if I (or YOU) found something just like you did, it should be allowed in the other folders as well. I dunno....maybe Shannon or Cronus can clarilfy.

And I know you didn't post in classifieds either....but I STILL think this is worthy of a hot deal.

#8 ·
Doesn't look anything like what we used on my 02. What is that box or rectangular thing on the end in the picture?

Tim

#10 ·
Angry Andy said:
I don't know WHY it's only allowed in the hot deals....but thats what the classified rules state....I would THINK if I (or YOU) found something just like you did, it should be allowed in the other folders as well. I dunno....maybe Shannon or Cronus can clarilfy.

And I know you didn't post in classifieds either....but I STILL think this is worthy of a hot deal.
:dunno: I have no clue. Rule is aimed at 1 post wonders who hawk their junk on e-bay, and spam every toyota BBS with it.

It's fine in hot deals.

Keep in mind this is dealing with TAP, who has a less than desireable track record.

#12 · (Edited)
I went and read the classifieds rules. Being a Moderator myself I should have known that. I posted the info where it made the most sense. Nobody in the club is going to be more interested in the rag joint than the SAC guys. I was unaware that we even had a hot deals section. That was my first time in there. It does not make sense to advertise a toyota rag joint along with a laptop! LOL

Thanks for moving it!

Yogi

Angry Andy said:

#14 ·
Ya know... I have heard people say this about Tap.. but i have ordered several parts from them and I have always gotten a good deal and fast shipping. When I rolled my truck.. I got a new door from them, the window, all the internals, even the side view mirror in the correct color even for $400. Smokin deal!

I like Tap... great place to go when you need a Toyota part... and they are almost gauranteed to have it.

Yogi

CronusTRD said:
Keep in mind this is dealing with TAP, who has a less than desireable track record.

#16 ·
yogiaz said:
Im not sure about that..... I thought the splines on the input shaft of the steering box were all the same. I would think it would be a safe bet that it would work.

Yogi
Yeah, cause they say on there auction that it works with '89-'95 Trucks, so I was just trying to figure out if it would be the same size/count spline if I had an older box...

#18 ·
Just got mine in from them today at the office. Everything looks good, and despite what I've read about them on pirate, they were actually alright to deal with, besides shipping my stuff out a day later than planned, and then a day later than when they told me they had shipped it (lying es no bueno).

Overall, can't beat it for $30 shipped to my office, when I've heard some guys buying a replacement for $24-50 from a pick-n-pull

#23 ·
Nevermind... now I understand after going back and reading one of your previous posts. hehe

When I was doing a swap for a guy.. he ended up needing one and spent $65 for it. Toyota charges around $350 for then entire part.

Yogi

AggieTaco said:
You'd be estatic then if you saved $5 on accident like I did

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.