: FJ at Toyota Technical Training Center in UT

AK98Taco
04-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Hey, all,

I scoped this thing cruising around town one day and today it was parked in front of the Toyota Technical Training Center at my school. The Training Center is where local technicians are sent for University of Toyota training so they can remain current with the products and repair procedures.

Here's the pics I got with my phone:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/155437/FJ2.jpeg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/155437/FJ3.jpeg

Oh, yeah, that's snow in Utah in April. This is a god damn desert climate, too.

If anyone has any technical questions about the FJ, I am more than willing to ask the instructor running the center. He should have the low-down on the new vehicle.

I'm a Toyota student, so make use of me ;)

thenexus
04-06-2006, 09:11 PM
ya, ask him why toyota made that HUGE blind spot on the sides? :D

AK98Taco
04-06-2006, 09:14 PM

Will do, and I'll put my hands up like I'm describing a huge fish or something ;)

AngryAndy
04-06-2006, 09:18 PM

I have had cars with much worse blind spots. Yes, when I turn and look over my shoulder, I see very little...but the HUGE side mirrors make that HUGE blind spot perfectly visable; for me. I thought the same thing as you did at first glance, but driving it for a while now, I am used to it, and can see with no probs.

thenexus
04-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Will do, and I'll put my hands up like I'm describing a huge fish or something ;)

Sounds good to me. Andy I do agree with as well, you'll probable just get use to it after a while. It's not something that I would use to cause both of the car that I've had/currently own have small blind spots (corolla/camry). Then again my work truck has a blind spot but just not that big.

poorhillbilly
04-06-2006, 09:24 PM
who looks over they're shoulders anyways? haha. im just joking around. ive learned to just keep my eyes glancing at the mirrors at all tiems to see where things are aroudn me and learn to judge the distances aroudn me. then when I wanna change lanes or anything, i give myself extra room in the mirrors and all is good. i only ususally look over the shoudler if im in heavy traffic.

yosemitesamiam
04-07-2006, 01:27 AM
I have had cars with much worse blind spots. Yes, when I turn and look over my shoulder, I see very little...but the HUGE side mirrors make that HUGE blind spot perfectly visable; for me. I thought the same thing as you did at first glance, but driving it for a while now, I am used to it, and can see with no probs.

I agree, it only takes a bit of time to get used to a new car. There is no such thing as a HUGE blind spot in such a small vehicle. I mean, hasn't anyone driven a windowless van around here? Or maybe a bigrig?

treknwil
04-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I agree, it only takes a bit of time to get used to a new car. There is no such thing as a HUGE blind spot in such a small vehicle. I mean, hasn't anyone driven a windowless van around here? Or maybe a bigrig?

I drive a windowless van at work ( in San Francisco ) so the Fj is a piece of cake to drive. Andys right the mirrors are large and well placed. :driving: