: Private land for shooting?

TacoJay
04-10-2006, 12:58 AM
Anyone here have private land for shooting or hunting around the bay area or within a 2 hour drive? I really want to go boar hunting, but ive never hunted boar, just deer, ducks and pheasants and the such. I have no idea where to find boar, or any special tips on hunting an animal that could fight back if it wanted to. Thanks guys.

hawaiianbro
04-10-2006, 01:49 AM
On my Uncle's Farm in Molokai'i, Hawaii we hunted wild pig with crossbows.....took em down everytime.

Zackattak
04-10-2006, 10:59 PM
On my Uncle's Farm in Molokai'i, Hawaii we hunted wild pig with crossbows.....took em down everytime.

well thats close. :D :D

TacoJay
04-12-2006, 12:16 AM

Can we make it a run? Do you think the trucks will hold up on the over sea journey? lol. Im talking local places around Nor Cal.

NorCalHunter
04-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Try doing a search for places in king city my dad and i went a few months ago and he got gored by a 300lb boar. Be shure to have a side arm it can save body parts. :2cents:

TacoJay
04-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Imm have to check it out, never heard of King City. Oh definatly, i'll have my '30-06 as my primary weapon, and my HK USP .40 on my hip for when the shit hits the fan.

Zackattak
04-17-2006, 03:58 PM
I think King City is on the way to Pismo.....past Salinas. I'd say maybe 70 miles north of pismo?

TacoJay
04-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah i looked it up, its next to Ft. Hunter Ligget, Army training base. Spent a lot of time in the hills of that place when i was training in the Army. Good place to play war games.

Bubz
04-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Anyone here have private land for shooting or hunting around the bay area or within a 2 hour drive? I really want to go boar hunting, but ive never hunted boar, just deer, ducks and pheasants and the such. I have no idea where to find boar, or any special tips on hunting an animal that could fight back if it wanted to. Thanks guys.
You can hunt boars in hollister. You have to ask a ranger and he will tell you where to get info about what areas are open and closed. I almost went last year but I didnt. Hunting boars there is like hunting ducks in martinez...its shitty, but one of my good duck hunting friends said that people have shot some hefty boars there.

05-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Not a lot of places to hunt around the Bay area. Most of the land is privately owned. I do know a guide who has a ranch up near Ukiah and the hunting is really good. If you pay enough you get to use the dogs and you always get a pag that way. I would bring something bigger than a .40 S&W as a secondary weapon.