: FJ Cruiser OME / Prado lift!

Valkyrie
04-15-2006, 02:47 PM
http://www.arb.com.au/Graphics/OME/OME_logo.jpg

Well, it's finished!

As most of you are aware by now, we (TRDParts4U (http://www.trdparts4u.com) / ToyotaPartSales (http://www.toyotapartsales.com)) are not only active sponsors of TTORA, but one of the largest ARB /OME dealers in the US. We have been busy doing our homework and experimenting, and we are proud to announce that, with few differences, the OME Prado setup that has been so successful in 4th Generation 4Runners has a direct application to the FJ Cruiser!

My good friend Butch Baker, of Baker Tire in Bonham TX is a long-time member of TLCA (http://www.tlca.org/) and Lone Star Land Cruisers (http://www.lslc.org/) and an experienced off-roader. Working with Butch, Jacque (The_Parts_Guy (http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/member.php?u=143) ) put together an FJ Cruiser yesterday using all OME and Toyota components!

Before (No Lift with 265x70x17 Terra Grapplers):

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8466/before5fb.jpg

After (Old Man EMU with TOYO 285x70x17):

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4662/after5vl.jpg

According to Mike (the owner) "The new suspension feels great, corners better and still rides smooth on the street."

According to Butch, "installed like butter......net lift 2.5 rear 3" front, this is in anticipation of the ARB front bumper and winch, we ordered stouter front sprgs......alignment went perfect, drove and handled great."

"We got 3'' front and 2.5'' rear. We ordered the heavier front springs for the ARB bumper and winch coming, a 210 lb. guy standing on the frt bumper brought it back down to 2.5" lift."

Regarding tire & wheel size:
LT285/70R17 (33x11.50R17)
Rim width 7.5-8.5-9.0
Weight 49.6
Height 32.76
Width 11.50

...according to his GPS the speedo was off by only 1.76 MPH at 70.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Well, now you know- you don't have to settle for cramming in spacers, ruining the ride and killing the springs just to have a non-functional lift.

You can get lift combined with a better performing suspension from the leader in ARB / OME for the low price of only $XXX shipped! (lower 48 only).
*Due to complaints to ARB from high priced dealers we cannot publish our low price on FJ Cruiser components. Please email us for pricing.

Combine it with an ARB bumper for only $XXX plus freight, just add your own winch and you're ready to go!
*Due to complaints to ARB from high priced dealers we cannot publish our low price on FJ Cruiser components. Please email us for pricing.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/sema2005/sema2005%20085.jpg

Or simply combine it into one Expedition Package:
OME Prado suspension, ARB bumper and Australian IPF foglight kit (integrates into the bumper) for only $X,XXX shipped!

Please, if you have any questions email us directly at info@trdparts4u.com (info@trdparts4u.com) for a prompt reply. We may not be able to reply to posts in a timely manner.

These are all pre-orders, there is already a waiting list. Don't delay, reserve yours now!

*This lift is being offered based on research by users and innovators. Neither us nor ARB USA makes any recommendations or warranty on the applicability of Prado components on FJ Cruisers, 4th Generation 4Runners or 2005+ Tacomas. We make no warranty as to applicability. Kit comes unassembled. Our lawyers make us say all that. :)
**shipping rate for CONUS only.

Your first and foremost source for OME and ARB products and information... we don't just sell them, we use them!

AngryAndy
04-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Thats awesome!

I saw this on another forum last night, and I loved the part that said "Toyota Of Dallas"....I knew you guys were up to something.....

Now, if everyone here could just send me ONE dollar, I think I could get enough money to buy one....

Valkyrie
04-15-2006, 04:37 PM
LOL! I'll give you a dollar! Now, only $698 to go... :)

Seriously, Mike is pretty stoked. He says it rides and handles like a sports car on the street and feels more confident than his Rubicon... can't wait for the trail beating. :D

AngryAndy
04-15-2006, 04:45 PM
What offset rims is he using???

Valkyrie
04-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Honestly, I have no idea (nor do I think he has). I'll try to find out...

gumbo
04-15-2006, 09:29 PM
LOL! I'll give you a dollar! Now, only $698 to go... :)

Seriously, Mike is pretty stoked. He says it rides and handles like a sports car on the street and feels more confident than his Rubicon... can't wait for the trail beating. :D
I agree with Mike after we put the lift on, He let me drive it around for awhile.
Compared to the stock one I drove the other day, it handles much better. The stock ride is not bad by any means, However with the OME springs and shocks it is it is more responsive.

JimmyHoops
04-16-2006, 04:11 AM
This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks fellas. Improved ride. Fantastic (and practical) beefy bumper. It just jumped to the top of my list of things to do. I'm gonna get on the waiting list tomorrow. :D

volley
04-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Sweet!

Valkyrie
04-19-2006, 11:22 AM

We have been and will be the lowest cost provider of ARB and OME components for your vehicle.

Predictably, this has made us unpopular with high cost dealers.

We can no longer advertise our low prices for Land Cruiser and FJ Cruiser parts.

Please email info@trdparts4u.com for the best prices on ARB / OME you will find.

:) Pay less and support a free market :)

Bear
04-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Chris, Pam and I are very seriously considering jumping on the waiting list for an FJ. Espcially since the day I "coincodentally" walked into a local dealership that had some FJ's on the show room floor, from that point, Pam feel in love with them.

I figured it was an easy sell from that point, that is until I told her that they looked great lifted and were easy to work on!

I think I shot myself in the foot, because now she tells me that if we do get one, I will not be allowed to lift it nor take it to the trails. She says she does not want another vehicle "she has to climb into" LOL

But at least it is still in the picture right? LOL Maybe if I have a sworn affidavid from you stating that the ride is actually even better I can lift it.LOL!

BTW, still working on that project, getting close to being finished! hoping in the next week or so.

Valkyrie
04-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Cool, thanks! Mom will be here the 11th.

As far as the FJC goes...
1. Wait until the hype dies down.
2. Tell her the lift is "verrry tiny"... hardly noticable. :D It's just to get a teeny little bigger tire in there, which is really economical- kind of a poor man's overdrive. With gas at $3/gallon, it would be really helpful to pick up some MPG's and make the ownership less costly and more enjoyable.

How's that sound? :)

Bear
04-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Cool, thanks! Mom will be here the 11th.

As far as the FJC goes...
1. Wait until the hype dies down.
2. Tell her the lift is "verrry tiny"... hardly noticable. :D It's just to get a teeny little bigger tire in there, which is really economical- kind of a poor man's overdrive. With gas at $3/gallon, it would be really helpful to pick up some MPG's and make the ownership less costly and more enjoyable.

How's that sound? :)
Keep the ideas flowing!LOL I am basically the one that is actually delaying in pulling the trigger. Just got out from under a car payment and am finding it hard to jump back into one.

Glad you told me the date your mom is going to be there. I knew we needed it before Mother's day, but I just couldn't remember which weekend it was. What is that three weeks away? If so, that should be plenty of time. But you are still going to need time to get it printed correct?

Valkyrie
04-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Correct, MD is the 14th, I will need to get it printed & matted/framed. About a week ahead of time would be cool. We're headed up to Kansas the 12th to settle some affairs. :(

Bear
04-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Okay, I'll try and get it to you ASAP. I have the main image already completed, just working on the individual…which is also the more detailed of the two.

I'll get hopping on it!

Valkyrie
06-03-2006, 08:09 AM

We have been and will be the lowest cost provider of ARB and OME components for your vehicle.

Predictably, this has made us unpopular with high cost dealers.

We can no longer advertise our low prices for Land Cruiser and FJ Cruiser parts.

Please email info@trdparts4u.com for the best prices on ARB / OME you will find.

:) Pay less and support a free market :)

Expecting delivery end of June!!!