: Christmas Tree Pass

crhannig
04-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Has anyone been on Christmas Tree Pass? I want to go check it out someday. I heard that it is not real hard, but is scenic. There are some petroglyphs on the top that are suppose to be cool.

The pass is between Searchlight and Laughlin. I have seen the turn off before when I have to went to Laughlin. I saw it again on my trip to the Grand Canyon.

I might try and go down there before it gets to hot.

jayfredweb
04-17-2006, 12:10 PM
I was curious about that as well. I saw both ends on the way back from Arizona last month. I would deffinetly join you!!

my034runner
04-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Has anyone been on Christmas Tree Pass? I want to go check it out someday. I heard that it is not real hard, but is scenic. There are some petroglyphs on the top that are suppose to be cool.

The pass is between Searchlight and Laughlin. I have seen the turn off before when I have to went to Laughlin. I saw it again on my trip to the Grand Canyon.

I might try and go down there before it gets to hot.

Christmas Tree Pass is nice, and Grapevine Canyon is pretty, and has some cool petroglyhps, but, take your Camry. It's not much of a road as far as having any challenges at all, it would probably rate as a .05 on the trail ratings. In other words, you won't need a truck to go there. Last time I was up there last year, I saw more cars than trucks! :xpimp: :xdevil:

HappyTrails
04-17-2006, 01:31 PM
I heard there are a couple scenic hiking spots along Xtree Pass. I have been meaning to get down there to check it out for a while.

crhannig
04-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Christmas Tree Pass is nice, and Grapevine Canyon is pretty, and has some cool petroglyhps, but, take your Camry. It's not much of a road as far as having any challenges at all, it would probably rate as a .05 on the trail ratings. In other words, you won't need a truck to go there. Last time I was up there last year, I saw more cars than trucks! :xpimp: :xdevil:

Some people consider the 05 tacoma a camry...

my034runner
04-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Some people consider the 05 Tacoma a Camry...

What people? Show me so I can educate them. Until the new FJ Crusher came out, the Tacoma was rated the #1 Off Road vehicle you could buy on the planet, followed by the 4Runner, and the big Land Crusher. Now Toyota has 4 of the top five, instead of 3 of the top five, and everything else is below that. :driving: :xpimp: :xdevil:

Percy
04-17-2006, 07:49 PM
My brother's buddy just got a Rubican't Tomb Raider edition. He was bragging about what a great truck he got. I talked to my brother after they got back from being 20 miles north of Alamo this weekend. He said he was "pissing blood" that he wasn't riding in that damn thing without a kidney belt next time.

Took the grand cherokee driver with me in the Taco to go and rescue his tire this weekend. Even he said that the Taco was WAY smoother in the rough than his Jeep.

Might let him join us next weekend. See if I can't shake something lose on that Rubicon. We've shaken something loose on two different jeeps in three weeks of running trails. The Taco... aside from some new mud that couldn't be removed after two car washes.... nothing to speak of other than INCREDIBLE handling and power on the trail. Still wish that exhaust was run a little differently though.

Keep us posted on the Xmas Tree Pass trip. We're gonna run Good Springs this weekend - if it all works out alright - probably leave around noon on Saturday.

dnstaco
04-17-2006, 09:03 PM
I would run it not really sure about this weekend though as I want to take my wife out to little red rock on sunday and see seems to be excited about going out there after seeing the pics from saturday.I know there are alot of other trails out in the same area that lead in all different directions and some that lead down to the water,so we could more than likely find some other areas to explore alittle!!!