: crash recovery

RockRunner
04-23-2006, 11:26 PM
hey i crashed my truck a few weeks back and i was wondering what the sheet metal forward of the cab is called, the sheet metal that surrounds the engine, that the radiator, and fenders attach to.

anyone know where i can get one on the cheap

is it the same for all model years 95-04?

jhunter
04-23-2006, 11:31 PM
hey i crashed my truck a few weeks back and i was wondering what the sheet metal forward of the cab is called, the sheet metal that surrounds the engine, that the radiator, and fenders attach to.

anyone know where i can get one on the cheap

is it the same for all model years 95-04?

Not 100% sure as to what you area referring to, but part of it sounds like the firewall. Check out a parts book, there is a link at parksoffroad.com, then you wil know what part it is. This is a PDF dealer manual.

RockRunner
04-23-2006, 11:33 PM
ok ill check a parts book. im talkin about the whole tub basically all the sheetmetal in front of the cab that isnt the cab and you cant see from the outside (fenders etc)

jhunter
04-23-2006, 11:35 PM
ok ill check a parts book. im talkin about the whole tub basically all the sheetmetal in front of the cab that isnt the cab and you cant see from the outside (fenders etc)

I think I have seen it in there. If you cant find it (the pdf version part book) let me know.

swank501
04-23-2006, 11:36 PM
That is called a fendor apron assembly and is only available from the dealer or junkyard. I think I paid 250(per side) for it when I wrecked mine. Just cut that shit off and tube out the front :saw: :D , but seriously good luck

swank501
04-23-2006, 11:49 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2119402260
I'm assuming you are talking about the panel that goes between the firewall and the radiator support like in the pics here

RockRunner
04-23-2006, 11:50 PM
yeah i was thinking it is the fender apron also there is a bar that i guess goes between the two that the ac radiator mounts to

RockRunner
04-23-2006, 11:51 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2119402260
I'm assuming you are talking about the panel that goes between the firewall and the radiator support like in the pics here

yup, money

so how much balls is it gonna suck to fix this? i guess i need the apron for the driver side and the radiator support assy

elliot_irwin
04-24-2006, 12:19 AM
yeah i was thinking it is the fender apron also there is a bar that i guess goes between the two that the ac radiator mounts to
core support

swank501
04-24-2006, 01:20 AM
yup, money

so how much balls is it gonna suck to fix this? i guess i need the apron for the driver side and the radiator support assy
It's not so bad. All that work in the pics took one day, but I used to do it for a living. Just be sure to take several measurements and record them before you cut anything off and make sure everything fits right before you do any final welding. Oh and peel your carpet back before welding against the firewall or you'll likely start a fire in the cab

miguelitro
04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
sounds like he is talking about the core support.
I f the frame is slightly tweaked it wont go back in...i jus twent through this
Mike