TTORA Forum banner

Free Ferret and cage (so cal)

3K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  boylem002 
#1 · (Edited)
I need to find a better home for my pet ferret . He is terribly neglected and needs a better home. He is Very friendly. If anyone is interested in a cool pet let me know .

Heres "Peanut"

Aaron

See less See more
#2 ·
DirtyDC05 said:
I need to find a better home for my pet ferret . He is terribly neglected and needs a better home. He is Very friendly. If anyone is interested in a cool pet let me know .

Aaron
I would love to have a ferret, but always wondered about finding a vet if necessary since ferrets are still illegal here.

Later,
....Mike

#5 ·
You can bring a ferret to a vet they arent required to report you or anything . He is less than 2 yrs old . I got him from a lady I work with. I thought it would be cool also but now that I have 2 dogs my wife is naggin and I feel bad for him always in his cage sleeping in his little hammock . I let him out once a day for a romp with my my Dachshound its actually quite funy wathching them fight . Some time I will hear my dog yelping and I look and the ferret is latched onto his ear,nose or lips . They like to play ruff .

And no they still arent legal , Arnold never passed the bill or whatever . I guess he said there wasnt enough data to allow him to sign it or whatever he would have to do.

#6 ·
DirtyDC05 said:
You can bring a ferret to a vet they arent required to report you or anything . He is less than 2 yrs old . I got him from a lady I work with. I thought it would be cool also but now that I have 2 dogs my wife is naggin and I feel bad for him always in his cage sleeping in his little hammock . I let him out once a day for a romp with my my Dachshound its actually quite funy wathching them fight . Some time I will hear my dog yelping and I look and the ferret is latched onto his ear,nose or lips . They like to play ruff .

And no they still arent legal , Arnold never passed the bill or whatever . I guess he said there wasnt enough data to allow him to sign it or whatever he would have to do.
I cant believe he didnt pass it and he has one, didnt you see kindergarden cop?? ;) Someone take this little guy, they are cool pets, and a lot of fun to have around. My brother in law had 2 of them when we were in college. The chicks dig them too... The ferret got him some beaver on a couple of occasions. They came by to see his ferrets after being at the bar, and ended up seeing.... well you know, anyway...

#7 ·
Mike said:
I would love to have a ferret, but always wondered about finding a vet if necessary since ferrets are still illegal here.

Later,
....Mike
Best thing would be to get some recommendations on good vets and then check and see what their policy is on them. I know the vet I worked for in San Jose saw them and wouldn't file a report. We were one of the few that ferret owners trusted but I don't think you want an hour drive for vet visits. then again we treated a pet racoon once too. Now *that* was fun. lol! Ferrets are a blast! Ya just don't want to get caught with one as a pet. :D

#8 ·
Kyoteh said:
Ya just don't want to get caught with one as a pet. :D
So what happens if you get caught with a ferret?

What a fucking stupid law. They are legal in the majority of the country.

I have a buddy in Sacramento who had one for a few years. It lived in his couch. :D It was the coolest pet ever, very smart, very fun, and very sneaky.

Later,
....Mike

#9 ·
Mike said:
So what happens if you get caught with a ferret?

What a fucking stupid law. They are legal in the majority of the country.

I have a buddy in Sacramento who had one for a few years. It lived in his couch. :D It was the coolest pet ever, very smart, very fun, and very sneaky.

Later,
....Mike

sugar gliders are also illegal in CA, if your reported to have an illegal exotic animal ie ferret sugarglider the animal will be siezed and put to death.

so be wise when looking for a new owner for your pet. if u live in an area they are illegal in.
I'd kill a fool for killing one of my gliders. they are an attachment of me ( literally and not literally)

#12 ·
where in socal are you from. i was wanting to get one and was about to drive out to arizona to get one. My girlfriend has one and i wanted to surprise her with a friend to play with. Pm sent. im in riverside or san diego so give me a holla.

#14 ·
TRD SyRuP said:
where would get a glider..and how much would they be
Gliders are illegal in CA bud, I love the little guys alot. and honestly i would never endanger them by bringing one home if i lived in CA but thats me,

some breeders in the US will ship them via Air cargo and u can pick it up from your local airport terminal however any logical breeder will not ship to CA ..

if your serious i suggest if u plan on researching these little guys alot !

for instance u or someone home all day ? these are very social creatures and crave attention if u cannot be home 80% of the day or someone else cant then u should invest in ( 2 ) gliders I work 6am to 6pm and ive had mine for a year now. if u get one and someone isnt home 80% of the day they will stress/depression which leads to death. so if u get one and cant be there it'll die and you'll be so attached your next time around u will buy 2 :p so buy two save yourself heartache and $

I get them locally ( 2 miles down road) for $80 a piece for weaned babies

now then back on to other things about them they are relatively quiet no worse then a hampster they love fruits/veggies and diets are simple to maintain my 4 cost me around 30$ a month to keep healthy any other questions concerns email me adminsynaptic@gmail.com or PM me

#18 ·
snwbdr said:
Can someone give me a good reason why they're illegal? I've always thought they were cool animals...
There basically is no good reason. What I was taught in school as one of the reasons is this: Some groups determined that since ferrets weren't California native and were introduced to California and became feral that they would destroy the land. Others fear disease as there's no vaccines for them (though they're close enough to cats that feline vaccines are used on them for Rabies and distemper I think it was). Things like that. And in the people that have probs with any animal being a pet and that ferrets are essentially considered a wild animal still.....

Basically there's enough groups/people to make a fuss and keep them illegal. It's easier to lobby to keep things the way they are than it is to change the law unfortunately. And we all know how some groups can create enough doubt to make stupid things happen.

#24 ·
we used to have ferret, loved those things. The first one we found in our shed and the second we picked up in Vegas. Awesome pets and extremely smart. I have read also, and no I am not kidding, Ferrets in large groups can take down a cow and kill it. Cali used to have more cows per sq. mile then any where else in the world, and if these little things were taking cows out it would be a problem. I don't thin I really believe it but I have read up on these things in the past. Kinda glad the ferret was taking before I ever read this or my wife would have been like lets go, where do we have to drive. Good luck with the ferret

#25 ·
Wow how funny that you are trying to get rid of ur ferret, some lady gave my family 3 ferrets and a 4 level cage for free. She said she had 3 dogs, 2 cats, a bird and a couple hamsters... said it was "too much" to handle.. oh well, they are cool as shit and so far they dont seem too smart other than 2 of them come when you squeeze their play ball....

#26 ·
I was also wondering what happens if you get caught with one of these?? *besides having the animal put down*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.